Free Group of 10 young adult Siamese Algae Eaters- Poulsbo- PU.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Group of 10 young adult Crossocheilus oblongus, the true Siamese Algae Eater, 3-3.5" TL each; free to a good home. Would prefer not to dole out the group in aliquots, so preference will be given to someone interested in the whole group. They've been great, but my needs have changed.

IMG_7110.jpeg

John58Ford

Bummer. I had been thinking to try and give you mine too next time I came out. If anyone is heading up to Keith from the bridge, feel free to hit me up for mine too, also free to a good home.

Question for you @sir_keith, if you have moved them all in together, do they show any fun traits as a group? My single specimen isn't very social with the various catfish in the tank, he just kind of hangs around.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Question for you @sir_keith, if you have moved them all in together, do they show any fun traits as a group? My single specimen isn't very social with the various catfish in the tank, he just kind of hangs around.
Yes, the boys chase the girls, and there have been lots of pseudo-spawnings, which are pretty frenetic affairs. Sorta like high school. :cool:

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I set up an aquarium for a client in NY with ~12 true SAE. They couldn't handle the frenetic movements and had me remove all but a few.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I set up an aquarium for a client in NY with ~12 true SAE. They couldn't handle the frenetic movements and had me remove all but a few.
Strange; mine are active, but certainly not frenetic, often just chilling out on the substrate. Perhaps it comes with maturity...