Greetings from Fircrest

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I have been keeping fish for about 14 years. Started with 2 red eared slider turtles from China Town in NYC. I started reading aquarium books and saw pictures of planted aquariums and got rid of the turtles. I did custom aquarium installation and maintenance for 2 years in NYC mostly on saltwater fish only and reef tanks. I recently acquired this 100 gallon free on CS. I new about neolamprologus multifasciatus but they were not on my radar until someone posted on CL they had 4 free to rehome. I was able to purchase a breeding colony of multies and cyprichromis leptosoma "kerengi island" from Geiler Aquatics in Stanwood. Unfortunately, they have moved out of state. I now have more multie fry than I can count and several Cyp fry that are free swimming and another Cyp female carrying eggs.

FishBeast

Welcome! Colony looks great. Shellies are so cute and interesting to watch. Nice to have a new Pierce County member here. :)

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome! That is a nice setup; I've never seen anyone keep such a large colony of multi's, and it is very cool. Perhaps someday we can hook up if you ever want to move any Multi and/or Cyp juvies. I'm in Poulsbo, and have been keeping exclusively Tanganyikans for many years, mostly Tropheus, but I do have three 125's with Ophthalmotilapia, Xenotilapia, and Cyprochromis. :cool: