GREEN TERROR TANKMATES

yep just collect a bunch of stuff all at once .. bunch of rock , fish , a couple plants (plastic with these guys ) and make sure u pull the gt out of tank ... the meanest fish goes in the tank last ... that way he knows there were none after him ... everyone else is already there... at least thats how i start my big tanks or even lil tanks with lots of africans ...

A

Anonymous

This thread is three months old and I'm pretty sure sidekicking has not had that green terror for a few months now. Thanks for the advice, and I would love to see that 240 that sounds like a crazy tank. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

lol right now i have 3 green terrors 3 clown loaches 1 discus 2 channel cats 1 sailfin 3 small catfish that look like the sailfin 1 odessa barb 1 redface sevrum 1 white sevrum and 1 geo jupuri all in a 55 gallon they all get along favorablly with the excption of the odessa barb he chases the terrors all around the tank just them three.there kind of scared of him its hilarious should i be worried after i read all your post so make it sound like there ...terrors but mine r cute calm there still small thought is there a chance my fish are docile

Madness

Staff member
No, not at all. How big are the terrors? Once they become mature, they may start to become aggressive. But it's also how they are raised. I had a red tail shark and a rainbow shark, grow up with my cichlids. They shared the tank with grammode, red devil, loisellei, hogaboomarum, fire mouths, texas, jags, convicts, uro's (mayan), pikes, kraussi, blythe loaches, to name a few and no problems. It wasn't until I added 3 dovi that there became issues. The dovi were small but were not use to the sharks, so they killed one of them and I removed the other.

So, a long story short. You may be fine for a while, that is a lot of fish for a 55gal. Once the Cichlids begin to mature, you may have issues, especially if they pair up and want to spawn. Then you will have issues.

Gryphon

soulkina said:
lol right now i have 3 green terrors 3 clown loaches 1 discus 2 channel cats 1 sailfin 3 small catfish that look like the sailfin 1 odessa barb 1 redface sevrum 1 white sevrum and 1 geo jupuri all in a 55 gallon they all get along favorablly with the excption of the odessa barb he chases the terrors all around the tank just them three.there kind of scared of him its hilarious should i be worried after i read all your post so make it sound like there ...terrors but mine r cute calm there still small thought is there a chance my fish are docile

Holy crap that tank is overloaded...

Paintguy

a loose rule is 1 inch of fish per gallon so it may not really be that crowded yet, but when they grow a bit you might have to have a lot of filtration and deal with territory issues.

Gryphon

I try to use adult size when going 1" of fish to 1gal water.

Size wise its going to be cramped... Bio-load wise... :no:

Gryphon

Green Terror - (x3) 8" (24")
Clown Loach - (x3) 12" (36")
Discus - 8"
Channel Catfish - (x2) HUGE (Can't find a max size for aquarium kept)
Sailfin (pleco?) - 18"
3 small catfish that look like the sailfin (Commons?) - ?
Odessa Barb - 3"
Redface sevrum - 8"
White sevrum - 12"
Geo jupuri - 10"

So just off what we know, looking at 119 inches of adult sized fish. The channel catfish will get huge (Roughly guessing 18" each conservatively) and guessing the "3 small catfish that look like the sailfin" are common plecs, those get to be 20" so... Potentially 215 inches of adult fish....Holy cow thats a lotta fish crap

I seriously recommend you rehome or get more bigger tanks!

aquaman95

Use all dark non flashy fish of same size other cichlids will drive them to kill btw a gt is my favorite cichlid and suprisingly I dont have one

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Fish Addict,

You should have just posted a new topic. This one is from 2010....

Fish Addict

ok good to know... on other forums I use they are always asking to keep topics to a minimum ... sorry about that I am still trying to learn the quirks of the forum :oops:

A

Anonymous

I would not advise a geo with a g/t..... g/ts can become very aggresive and geos are much more docile.