Greater Seattle Aquarium Society 2017 Home Show

Betty

Staff member
Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it.

Every year I watch these and know that I will never enter my (plantless) tanks! I am a different kind of aquarium keeper. If I have any plants, they are usually fake and their purpose is mostly to provide hiding places for fish!

Your setups look great, by the way. :)

Loren

Thanks Betty.

There are many components to making a great aquarium and plants aren't a required one. Just go on YouTube and check out African cichlid tanks and tell me how many have plants. ;)

I would most certainly love to see your tanks some day.

L190

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it.

Every year I watch these and know that I will never enter my (plantless) tanks! I am a different kind of aquarium keeper. If I have any plants, they are usually fake and their purpose is mostly to provide hiding places for fish!

Your setups look great, by the way. :)
Betty you should join next year. It would be great seeing tanks with no plants. Don't get me wrong, I love plants and planted tanks but I want to see something different sometimes. Gsas is heavily skewed towards nano / smaller fish and planted tanks.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I'd be laughed off the list. I got "issues" over here. The fish are happy as crap but the tanks? Looking a little shaggy.....

Betty

Staff member
I thought they were all very nice, including Keefe's with only a couple of plants in them. Saltwater is another type I don't remember seeing much of.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I'm not sure why I think this, but as a former Tacoman, I don't think there's a whole bunch of sophisticated Marine fish keepers out there.

I could be a bigot. I'm happy to admit that.