Grand opening fish store in Puyallup...

limstarservices

15317 meridian ave e puyallup wa come check us out we are open still stocking and setting up but open

we are specializing in cichlids to include african south american angels discus coming soon flowerhorns always open for trade so swing by

also have shrimp community fish as well..

thanks

253 232 9036

fish emporium

James

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:welcome!: 

Should edit and put the name of the store....

iandraco

my bad. he lives in Pomeroy. apparently cities/towns that start with P's get me a little confused. time for the walk of shame.

cichlid-gal

iandraco said:
my bad. he lives in Pomeroy.  apparently cities/towns that start with P's get me a little confused.  time for the walk of shame.  
No shame in caring about your friends ... I do the same thing with names.

Gryphon

iandraco said:
my bad. he lives in Pomeroy.  apparently cities/towns that start with P's get me a little confused.  time for the walk of shame.  
Nah, no need for the walk of shame!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Stopped by and checked it out. Its a small place and it was very hot and humid in there so be prepared to shed the jacket. Lots of common fish at this point but plans are in the works for new stuff to come in.

A bit different approach with many assorted tank sizes and not the typical racking you would expect to normally see. It is more like what some would have in their garage set ups instead of a traditional fish store. I think I must have met James, not sure but very friendly and excited about the new business. Hope them success.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so I spot this ad today.... http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/for/4459950831.html

It says: "So I finally got to check out the new store in puyallup near target on 152 the fish emporium it's a Cichlid keepers dream they have some other really awesome stock as well but mainly cichlids the owner James is a really cool guy too he is very reasonable on prices especially for what your getting so I had to put it out there if your looking for some rare and hard to find cichlids this is the place to go well sorry for taking up space in the for sale section but this place is to cool not to share it with the other hobbiest out there"

I really did not see that many rare or hard to find things in there (yet). For cichlid lovers a trip to Aquarium Paradise or A place for Pets will yield more results. Nice to have a new business starting up but found it kind of funny that this was so pointedly obvious a self promotion if Ive ever seen one. Just brought a smile to my face, thats all.  :D 

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped by right before they opened and have to agree with dmd! Very nice people who are excited about the hobby, but currently rocking more common stock. I even suggested a list of cichlids I would like to see them stock on a regular basis... I plan to swing by in a month to check to see what they can get from their hopefully new vendors.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
We are kind of spoiled here with easy access to things like dovii, which these guys had a ton of fry. They are not so rare anymore and really I would want to know what the parents looked like. Its just as easy to raise up a big, ugly dovii with a lame genetic material as it is a good one. If I was going to put all that time and energy into a solo fish, I would want the best possible start. So call me a fish snob!

There were tons of convict fry also... nothing special here, maybe some calico fry, but just regular cons when its all said and done. They need some of Lloyd's F1's but that would be a little too nice for them just yet, and I dont think they have the right clientele at this point. ALL the fish madness raises would be beyond them right now too.

This is just my opinion. You can judge for yourself when you check it out. They are new and just starting up but they really have nothing that sets them apart as special from the stock they have at this moment. Hopefully they see what we say and want and they act on it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
They had a big front, a blue dolphin, an odd mumba and a peacock or two. Not a whole lot else. Just a odd mix of individual fishes.

popss

Gryphon said:
iandraco said:
Welcome.  my buddy Bassetman will be very happy to have a LFS in Puyallup.  
Problem is, Bassetman doesn't live on this side of the mountains LOL
seems tom has been 2 timing me. Kidding, ya its a 3 hour drive to get to my house for him in Monroe, if he comes by way of I90 be about the same to get there.

limstarservices

hi im the owner of fish emporium i just wanted to say thanks for input as we are less then a month into it brand new, still finding our niche and havent even. ordered fish yet we are doing very well. i always can use help and good advice. sorry to dissapoint everyone but the promotion was not me or any of my employees not even advocated some random person.

we are stocking and are definitely not going to be typical LFS. we are wotking on 2 more 675 gal tanks and have one already setup with south americn cichlids and one gint oscar and a huge talapia and have a 150 gal show tank with cichlids in but aranging stock and things and are really moving more into flowerhorns and are specializing into those for those who are into cichlds and cichlids only just wait its coming just takes time and no have no common convict fry and yes have calicos

thanks feel free to stop and give me your input hopefully its benificial and not just critical

15317 meridian ave e puyallup wa

james

Chiisai

stopped by today. Closed sign up with no hours posted. I will be attempting to visit next week on saturday. Hopefully they are not closed on the weekends. i the owner or staff frequent this site hours of operation and a website would be good info to have.

Livebearer

If I get a chance I'll pop in and see what's in stock at that moment in-time.
This guy sounds very flexible and is oviously reading our comments reguarding oppinions for different types of cichlids.
Well,,, what else would he be interested in stocking besides cichlids? Sky's the limit....
I would like to see dwarf cichlid varieties and harder to find tetra's and catfishs & some types for summer ponds as well....