Good place to order plants online?

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Soundline,

I have purchased over $2,700 worth of plants online over the last 8 years; not an addiction - I purchase the more unusual plants for the GSAS Mystery Plant of the Month contest. For the more common species I purchase locally, my favorite stores being (in no order) Aquarium C-Op, Denny's Pet World, The Fish Store, and Sierra Fish and Pets.

The more unusual / 'rare' species I typically pick up from fellow aquarists off of the planted aquarium forums such as: Aquatic Plant Central, The Planted Tank, and The Barr Report. I would avoid places like Aquariumplants.com where quality and service is 'spotty' at best.

37555243121_fe92596d60_b.jpg

37555242721_1aec0f593c_o.jpg

37555243521_131240cce6_b.jpg

37555243701_64e0d70498_b.jpg

37296960060_d14a7f9f4e_b.jpg

37297041060_efc21eee64_b.jpg

37507223666_606af06e22_o.jpg

37296960240_6d0a865dc9_b.jpg

Soundline

I am looking to get some plants. I'm way down in centralia every once In a while I go up to tacoma. Think I'll be heading up Friday.

Mike16T

I am looking to get some plants. I'm way down in centralia every once In a while I go up to tacoma. Think I'll be heading up Friday.
What kind of plants are you thinking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Soundline

I need some color besides green lol. I'm thinking g about setting up co2. And will have custom led lighting soon. But for now and to start just easy to medium stuff.

Need some ground cover, some statement pieces, background too.

Mike16T

I need some color besides green lol. I'm thinking g about setting up co2. And will have custom led lighting soon. But for now and to start just easy to medium stuff.

Need some ground cover, some statement pieces, background too.
If you're interested on some variety of rotalas, I have some. My ludwigia pantanal is not ready yet. I jist did a major tim on that one.

Soundline

K well, then I'm down to buy some, what you got and what you want, let me research them a bit and if I can care for em I'll buy em ol do you take paypal?

Yes. I usually ship plants more than meet ups or pick ups.

Mike16T

K well, then I'm down to buy some, what you got and what you want, let me research them a bit and if I can care for em I'll buy em ol do you take paypal?

Yes. Paypal or Facebook pay (No fee)

If you're ok to wait for 1 week, I'll have some available again. I just sold all my trimmings last night. At least this way, you will have time to research them. =)

Plants that I can sell within a week:
Rotala Singapore
Rotala Enie
Rotala Yao Yai
Rotala Macrandra mini type 4
Syngonanthus Sp. Manaus (Ready now but not a lot)

Soundline

K I would love the, Singapore, yao yai, the mini type 4 and the Manaus

And the ludwigia pantanal whenever it’s ready!

Soundline

I'm not sure I've never ordered plants online, or gotten any from a member. Don't know how all that works lol

Mike16T

I'm not sure I've never ordered plants online, or gotten any from a member. Don't know how all that works lol
It's usually priced per stem. You can pay either paypal or facebook pay.

Jeffro

Are there any reputable places online to order plants though? If I remember correctly, some of the auction plants are purchased online.

I wish I would have been able to make the last plant auction. I've been wanting to try some christmas moss, flame moss, subwassertang, Bacopa sp Japan, Staurogyne sp. porto velho, red root floaters, and something besides vals for background in my 55...it spreads too fast and is a pain to keep in the 2 inch sand substrate when I prune it back. I like the idea of tall, compact stem plants...but not sure what.

I am up in Bellingham, so I would have to spend gas money just to make the drive down to check out the stores down that way. I avoid the LFS here other than to just look at fish now and then. I've had bad luck with them over the years.

I'll have to check out some of the stores you listen when I make it down that way. I've been to Aquarium Coop and know they do ship some plants.