Good Morning

Betty

Staff member
I haven't been to Sierra in a long time. They used to have a great variety of African cichlids years ago and then they had fewer and fewer species each time I'd go back. Do they still have Africans?

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
I haven't been to Sierra in a long time. They used to have a great variety of African cichlids years ago and then they had fewer and fewer species each time I'd go back. Do they still have Africans?
All the Africans, and cichlids in general, largely disappeared after Kevin left. :( That was a long time ago...

Betty

Staff member
Yeah, I would still go to Sierra around that time, but also started going to A Place for Pets after Kevin went there. The Africans seemed to dwindle away when he left there too. Another place I haven't visited in a long time now. I need to do a weekend fish store trip to see what's new and different.

Betty

Staff member
Cool, I'll have to stop in and take a look some time. The last time I was in there, I think saltwater had replaced a lot of the African tanks they used to have.

Betty

Staff member
So I stopped in last Sunday and the African selection was nowhere near what it was back in the good old days. Pretty much only those tanks in whatthebloody's photo.

To make things worse, there was a dog adoption from a rescue organization going on and I wanted to take them all. They were brought in from other countries. Heartbreaking.

FishBeast

So I stopped in last Sunday and the African selection was nowhere near what it was back in the good old days. Pretty much only those tanks in whatthebloody's photo.

To make things worse, there was a dog adoption from a rescue organization going on and I wanted to take them all. They were brought in from other countries. Heartbreaking.
:(