FS rule change suggestion.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mods and Admin,

The forsale header is limited. And I am unable to add all the goodies in the title.

I was thinking is it really necessary to put 'FS/FT' in the header? Or even put a location? This all can be added in side the add!

If people are like me the most important thing to see in the title is what's for sale. If interested the person will go into the thread where all the important details can be read.

Input?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I'll let the others comment( as I've only been a member here for two years), but I think the original thought behind this was to help with confusion when scrolling through the portal section, and to also decrease any wasted time clicking through a bunch of posts.

With this new website,I can see how this might be viewed as redundant as at the bottom of the title it tells you what section the post was posted in....

But like I said, I'll let Cory et al. weigh in on this.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
The logic is that people like to buy locally, having a location save people time.

If we were to lets say not have FS and Lake stevens etc on there. That would allow you a few more words, but cause people more time to dig through.

The goal should be to summarize what is for sale in the header.

In my latest for sale thread, I listed the tank sizes.

But I think FS Tanks, Tanks, Tanks! Edmonds Wa would attract the same attention, and would even be more descriptive probably, since I don't have all the tank sizes listed anymore lol.

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
The logic is that people like to buy locally, having a location save people time.

If we were to lets say not have FS and Lake stevens etc on there. That would allow you a few more words, but cause people more time to dig through.

The goal should be to summarize what is for sale in the header.

In my latest for sale thread, I listed the tank sizes.

But I think FS Tanks, Tanks, Tanks! Edmonds Wa would attract the same attention, and would even be more descriptive probably, since I don't have all the tank sizes listed anymore lol.
I understand. Guess I'll just have to get creative with sort terms. Just used to cramming a bunch of info in the title.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
From past training in a data base system it also saves space. If you think of each character, space, letter, or punctuation counts as 1, it adds up fast. Sometimes it's hard to describe in a short amount of characters available. I thought my keyboard had stopped working because there was not alert saying only so many characters.