Fronts and Calvus

Spyral

New pic of the Mpimbwe and the White Calvus!

frontsk.jpg

Salzabar

Love the calvus. Best looking fish for sure. I still have my black calvus after all these years. I think going on 8 now.

Betty

Staff member
The calvus look great. Is that a light colored sand you have them over? I've been trying to figure out what color sand would be best for them -- a light or dark.

Addictedtofish

Just wait till those chakita's get to adult size, there really cool looking with all that white and small black spots. I had an adult inkfin for a short time and it was pitch black, eyes and all.

sonnys503

I'm afraid to put anything with the 9 mpimbwes I have, everything else seems to die off. great calvus, maybe when I get a bigger tank. show more of your Fronts when you have time, curious as to how big your are.

larry.beck

Spy - the mpimbwe are growing like mad! Calvus look like a great addition to the tank, and obviously they're getting along just fine. Congrats!

me

Spyral, I don't know if it's just the spawn you got or what, but I have a few from that group still, and they shot up like weeds for me too !! I do think your's are a tad bigger though, or at least a tad plumper ;) Yours have got some real nice trailers going already too ! You should start to see some pearling on the heads of the males in the next month or two, some females too usually, after that the blues will just take off :punk: It's cool to see them on the lighter substrate too. I keep thinking I may switch my breeders to white sand just to get them to lighten up to the beautiful turqoise again, but with them breeding like they do it's hard to really commit messing with it.

Anyways, It's great to see these continue to do so well in your care! Oh nice calvus's too ;) I wasn't being sarcastic either, but you know how I love those little fronts.