Free Presentation On Goldfish by Allen Fertuna Sponsored by GSAS (Seattle (Queen Anne))

Seattle_Aquarist

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to sponsor a free lecture by Allen Fertuna on goldfish varieties, basic care techniques, and some exciting upcoming news about the species. Allen is well known in the Goldfish community and has been been raising fish for over 30 years, starting off at the age of 5 selling livebearers to the local pet stores. He had the thrill of having his first koi in an outdoor kiddie pool, and the horror of watching them get eaten by a garter snake the next day. Currently he raises, shows, and breeds award-winning Koi and goldfish. Allen is part of a few breeding programs trying to preserve the last of some varieties of goldfish. He is a founder of N.A.V.A (North American Veiltail Association), and a member of the American Goldfish Association, Northwest Koi and Goldfish Club, and the American Ranchu Society. This will be Allen's first visit to GSAS so let's make him feel welcome!

The lecture will be next Tuesday night (Tuesday, January 10th, 2012) at 7:30PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West

Doors will open around 7:10PM; the meeting will start at 7:30PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Guests welcome; no entrance fee
Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building, no furry or feathered pets
Go to GSAS.ORG for more information and directions

Betty

Staff member
I don't know a thing about goldfish, but I'll be there. :spoton:

yukoandk

Hello,
I can’t believe I missed this event!

I’m new on this forum and am an avid goldfish lover from Seattle. I have mixed fancy goldfish tanks, and I also keep Japanese top-view ranchus. I hardly ever hear of goldfish related events around here, and I wish I could’ve made it to this one. I have attended a few GSAS events in the past as a guest but didn’t think they will do anything goldfish. I will be checking this forum regularly so I don’t miss any future event announcements! For those who attended, how was the lecture and turn out? I hope it was a success, and I hope there will be more goldfish topics in the future!

Betty

Staff member
I would say it was a success. There was a large turnout and the lecture was very good.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi yokoandk,

For those GSAS members that missed this presentation; it was just made available this afternoon via Bittorrent download in the "Members Only" area of GSAS.org.

attachment.php

yukoandk

Thank you Roy,

I've been considering joining GSAS for a while, but I may just have to now:)
That's a gorgeous veiltail--yours?

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi writerchick,

GSAS is on currently on 'summer break' which began after our June 12th meeting and picking up again with our special Saturday evening meeting on September 15th with the presentation by renowned German plant explorer Christel Kasselmann. However you can still join GSAS via our website and our Membership Chairperson will promptly mail your membership card good for discounts at GSAS Sponsor Stores. We have a great Summer Picnic!

I don't keep goldfish and even I enjoyed and learned a lot from Alan's presentation. He raises champion goldfish and he is a founder of N.A.V.A (North American Veiltail Association), and a member of the American Goldfish Association, Northwest Koi and Goldfish Club, and the American Ranchu Society.