**FREE Presentation - GSAS Home Show ** - March 14th

Seattle_Aquarist

**FREE Presentation - GSAS Home Show ** - March 14th

Join us March 14th for the video and awards presentation of our 2017 Home Show. GSAS judges (see photo), a photographer and a videographer crammed into a van and spent two days and over 200 miles driving around Puget Sound, visiting member's homes, doing interviews, and doing photos and videos of their tanks. At the meeting. you'll see GSAS members proudly showing off their tanks, and talking about how and why they keep aquariums. This has become one of the most fun and popular meetings every year since its revival in 2009.
16299119_1378000772271440_8375282268280144686_n.jpg

We are publishing a series of bonus videos for the next two weeks to whet your appetite until the meeting.

The presentation will be Tuesday, March 14th, 2015 at 7:30 PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West.

Doors will open about 6:30 PM for a 'social hour'; the meeting will start at 7:30 PM.

After the meeting please join us for our monthly auction for bargains on equipment and member raised fish, plants, and shrimp which help to support the club that brings us all our these outstanding presentations and speakers.

Guests are welcome; no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building
No furry or feathered pets
Go to Greater Seattle Aquarium Society for more information and directions

Key words: Tropical Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums CO2 Aquatic Plants

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi lymitliss,

Typically the GSAS Home Show is announced about the first of the year calling for participants. Usually within a few days to a couple of weeks all of the slots are filled (12-20) for visits and judges. Then, depending upon the date of the Home Show presentation the home visits are conducted about 6 weeks before the meeting date.

Loren

Wow. I may have to reconsider my 7pm bedtime. lol (I get up VERY EARLY for work)
I don't make it every month but when I do go I take vacation the next day because I work early as well. I always have a good time there.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Less than a week until our GSAS Home Show meeting next Tuesday night; you will not want to miss it!

When GSAS invites a speaker to Seattle to do a presentation one of the benefits is a 5 year membership in the club. In 2013 a few of our GSAS members were in St. Louis and visited the home of Gary Lange, the world recognized rainbowfish explorer and breeder; here is a short video of his fish room and breeding operation.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

One last "teaser" before the big GSAS Home Show coming up on Tuesday, you will not want to miss checking out fellow members tanks, seeing their equipment, and learning some of their tricks!

This is the home of Laif DeMason, owner of Old World Exotic Imports in Florida, is a legendary fish farmer. He's even got a cichlid named after him (seen in the video briefly). He was the original publisher of Cichlid News. And this was the only time I've ever had to sign a waiver before visiting someone's fishroom! See pre-Co-Op Cory getting drenched!