Found and picked up my wild caught Zaire frontosa colony...

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
That looks like an awesome colony! I wasn't optimistic that you'd be able to find a colony like this when I first saw your post, and to find one within driving distance, well that's just doubly lucky. I count ten fishes in the pic, and they look like really nice specimens. Would love to see them sometime! Good luck! :)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I count 10 as well, is that correct? That is a good looking colony and I hope to hear about a successful breeding in the near future.

what size tank are they enjoying?

Orthopod

There should be 11 in there 3 or 4 males and 7 or 8 females. They are in 120 while I setup the 375 for them. Have to play tank Tetris which is never fun with big tanks, lol. Separately, anyone know where I can pick up a used ultima filter - I like running them on my tanks that are larger than 300.

Last edited:

Orthopod

That looks like an awesome colony! I wasn't optimistic that you'd be able to find a colony like this when I first saw your post, and to find one within driving distance, well that's just doubly lucky. I count ten fishes in the pic, and they look like really nice specimens. Would love to see them sometime! Good luck! :)
Anytime you want to stop by let me know - Life vetoed my plans to stop by and see your set up the other weekend, lol. I would still like to see your amazing setups.

Orthopod

Update - switched them to the 375 and added 3 other small wild kitumba.

I have it filtered with sump to ultima 2000 with 5000 Gallon pond pump with an automatic water changer that pumps out and automatically replaces every 3 hours.

Tried to upload a video but the video is too big for the site

83C39AEC-1EF4-4E62-8A46-AEB765F96A33.jpeg 9E7BCC74-5A7F-4ABB-AB5F-8BE6D262D65B.jpeg