For your information (00)

finray56

I'm not really sure where to post this so I'll try it here. I was contacted via a CL add I had up regarding Tropheus I had-have for sale, made the deal and I was supposed to meet Aaron Arizmendi over at South Center , Bahama Breeze parking lot. This was on the 23rd of December so you know how busy it was going to be, anyway it was also pouring buckets of rain plus it was rush hour. Well there I sat in my car with fish all neatly packaged and ready to go to their new home, only one problem Aaron never showed up ! That's rite a no show on one of the busiest shopping days of the year and did not bother calling or texting, just left me sitting there waiting in the pouring rain.

I'm only posting this as a warning for anyone else that may be thinking of dealing with this person, you better have him come to you ! I don't know if he visits this forum or not but needless to say this is NOT how you treat other people. Shame on him for not holding up his end of the deal. It's not about the money it's the fact that someone would just let another person wait in vain without having the decency to message me back or call. I messaged a couple of times while I was waiting and nothing from the two phone numbers he gave. I will never deal with this guy again and maybe you shouldn't eighther but that's up to you.

Sorry about the rant but this was totally uncool. To everyone else I wish you the best New Year in 2015 !

Lee

keman

Not to mention the stress of the fish being carted around... Poor fishes. I have had several deals end in "no show" from CL.

Madness

Staff member
Hey rant away Finray, I agree 100% with you and I would be furious myself. Like Keman mentioned, the stress on your fish as well as the stress on you. Somebody needs a :nutkick:

A

Anonymous

o_O - damn...

The last 10 fish purchases I made from personal ads I went to their homes. It's kind of wierd but understandable. I've driven as far as Puyallup from my home in Lake stevens for fish.

From a seller of fish stand point it makes since because of CL flakes. From a buyer stand point one will travel the distance if they really want the pet?! :)

Bob

I have used my super powers to ascertain a certain individuals address. In case some one wanted to carry out some juvenile antics. =D

I kid i kid, but seriously, i found him, lets go beat him up!

I have been lucky on craigslist so far, but i never have people come to my house, always meet in public.

Now meeting people from fishbox, thats a whole different story. Nothing but a bunch of stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herders!

keman

Fish box members are welcome at my home. C-Listers are not. I always meet in a neutral place or pick up at their house.

Caseyf

Also, yeah, I've never had a cl user to my house. Always a nuetral location, and usually with somebody else with me. I have had a fish box member to my house already, I didn't die, so I guess I got that going for me...

KaraWolf

I would love to do door to door fishboxers one day just for the fun of it. Make it a multi host fishroom tour one day banaza. But Im as shy as some of Madnesses plecos (or a small group of kuhli loaches!) when it comes to actually getting out there. Actually.....I think I AM a kulhi loach LOL always hidden until you find my peeps lol
The few times Ive tried craigslist it either fell through before hand, was already sold or we met at their place. Which is probably for the best since we were buying adult ducks from a flock of 30 LOL

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Only had box members to the house. I typically drop off for craigslisters to make sure their setups will keep my fish alive

Madness

Staff member
a couple years back I held two cichlid parties at my house and I believe only two fish boxers showed up.

A

Anonymous

lloyd378 said:
Only had box members to the house. I typically drop off for craigslisters to make sure their setups will keep my fish alive
Wow, that's super awesome!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Madness said:
a couple years back I held two cichlid parties at my house and I believe only two fish boxers showed up.

Must have been before my time! I'd like to think I've made up for it in all of my visits since then

KaraWolf

I'm in!! Bwhahahahaha and then when tour and foods done we can rotate to someone elses house in the area and see all their tanks. *evil laughter* car pooling anyone? J/k