Flowerhorn/Hybrid friendly?

MrRekkless

Ive been to king discus multiple times they only sell the bigger guys 150ish and up i wanna grow my own in attempt to have a new tankmates. I sourced a few online suppliers but with those you're unable to actually see what fish are sent to you and its usually the outcast that they send

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Yes, I agree that people try to sell their fh for crazy money.... I've seen them sell on Facebook for upwards of 400.... And they usually have been fed crap foods lol. Let me know how fish emporium goes. He can be flakey, but always seems to have fry for sale ranging from $10 up. I bought my Thai silkXred dragon fader at 2.5" with a small hump for $20. He's about 4" now and living in my community cichlids tank with amphs, Dovii, and hrp. Mine looks like..... Wait let me go shoot a pic

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some shots. He used to be Thai silk colored with the flower spots and super cool now he is dark and starting to peel/fade into some adult colors which appear to be a light yellow/ peach color. We will see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 51

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Fits right in.... The bigger fish run the tank and all the others just fit in to a pecking order. A few flare ups here and there but nothing like lip locking or nipping fins

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Played at the park next to fish emporium they had tons of fh fry..... .5"-1.5" $4-7 dollars a piece kml, red dragon, and others..... They were in a large hot tub structure so hard to see but he would catch to show you

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure he has females but hey are probably like 2" unless you buy one of his expensive large females ($75+ dollars)