Flowerhorn/Hybrid friendly?

jmatthewvan82

I know there's plenty of flowerhorn/hybrid naysayers on here but is this category Flowerhorn/hybrid friendly or is it being posted elsewhere on this site? Thanks

Madness

Staff member
Flowerhorns BLAH, Hybrids ICK........

LOL, JK, Here will work just fine. Show off your beauties anytime. :)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
There isn't really anyone posting flowerhorn topics/ pics on here....I have a few hybrids that I post pics of every once in a while..... Being that we don't have a hybrid section and the fact that most of these hybrids do come from Central American cichlids , I don't see any issue discussing them in the American section.

What types of hybrids are you keeping?

I have a female flowerhorn, a doviiXtexas, and a female midevil ( red devilXmidas). I buy them to see what they turn out like and then most times relocate them to other hybrid lovers

zach_discus

Flowerhorns are not my cup'O'tea but they do have some amazing colors. I say post away and let others enjoy :)

jmatthewvan82

Haha right on. Believe me when I say this, I want my cichlids to be as pure as possible so we can put an end to the blending of species that we see so often BUT if you don't have hybrids (mostly flowerhorn or red Texas) I suggest you get one good pair cause they can rake in some dough in our much loved but pricey hobby :)
Lloyd, I bred my Escondido with a Thai Silk and have a few different batches growing up, I have 5 Red Mammon and I'm working on making Rose Queens and Red Texas.

Madness

Staff member
I would love some of those silver(silk)-Texas, and would love to get my hands on a really nice RT pair as well.

jmatthewvan82

Madness, I actually have some that will be ready to go within the next two weeks. They're roughly 3/4-1" right now and just starting to show that shimmer of blue the Thai silks have. I'll save you a few and we'll hook up soon.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
How do those fry look? It's been a few months , need an update

Knutsen1122

Hey Jason, I'm still meaning to get out and grab one of those from you! I don't have any hybrids in my stock but I couldn't pass this guy up the other day. Thai silk x RD

-Colin

MrRekkless

Any idea on sourcing a good quality one locally ? Any tips looking for a juvenile pair ive been searching and have been unsuccessful any help would be appreciated

Madness

Staff member
MrRekkless said:
Any idea on sourcing a good quality one locally ? Any tips looking for a juvenile pair ive been searching and have been unsuccessful any help would be appreciated

I was just at Midway today, they are several types of FH.

MrRekkless

I was going to text u but i didn't save your number @madness dif thry have fry ? I know they have the big pricey ones.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Fish emporium usually has tons of fry.... But it's a crapshoot as to what hey will turn out like.

MrRekkless

I called little amazon and i believe his wife answered , WORST SERVICE EVER i will never do business with them rudest person ever.

I will check out fish eporium next thank you.

Im suprised nobody on this forum breeds them its such a popular hobby.

L190

You can try other asian fish stores such as king discus in international district or aquarium plus on mlk way