Fish Tales.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
This is just a fun one too. My main living room tank is an 8 foot (300 gallon) and one of the fun things is that as you walk past the tank the fish kind of swim and keep pace with you. Of course this is because they think they will be fed. Well you would think that when you rounded the corner to the right side of the tank and disappeared down the hall way or bathroom they would just go about their business and swim away. Nope, many times they are waiting for you at the corner when you come back. This is especially disturbing when you go to the bathroom and they are there waiting after your done... lol
IMG_20180224_120443523.jpg
This one is an old pic of the big pearsei (16") who would wait for you at the corner. The new pearsei (12") does the same along with 3 big bala sharks.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Shortly after I moved to LA years ago, when I was in my 20's, I decided to take up tennis, and did so pretty seriously. But I never allowed myself to have a set of proper 'tennis whites' until I was able to pass the USTA Advanced Skills Test. The point here is that I generally don't allow myself to 'talk the talk' until I feel that I can 'walk the walk,' at least to a limited extent.

And so I felt a little self conscious about treating myself to some aquascaping tools recently, shown here-

IMG_4208.jpg

By no means am I experienced at this by local standards, especially GSAS standards, but I am now keeping some very pretty plants in nearly half of my tanks, and this in the hard, pH~9 water that my Tanganyikan fishes require. Here are pics of four of those tanks, and yes, the tools do help. It's been fun. :)

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Shortly after I moved to LA years ago, when I was in my 20's, I decided to take up tennis, and did so pretty seriously. But I never allowed myself to have a set of proper 'tennis whites' until I was able to pass the USTA Advanced Skills Test. The point here is that I generally don't allow myself to 'talk the talk' until I feel that I can 'walk the walk,' at least to a limited extent.

And so I felt a little self conscious about treating myself to some aquascaping tools recently, shown here-

View attachment 10284

By no means am I experienced at this by local standards, especially GSAS standards, but I am now keeping some very pretty plants in nearly half of my tanks, and this in the hard, pH~9 water that my Tanganyikan fishes require. Here are pics of four of those tanks, and yes, the tools do help. It's been fun. :)

View attachment 10285

View attachment 10286

View attachment 10287

View attachment 10288
I would say that in horticulture the proper tool is necessary for the novice and the expert. Very nice set. Love the tanks.