Fish store, which one?

ziggyzoo

Thinking of going to a fish store today ...haven't been to aquarium paradise or kings discuss...which one should I go to??

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Sorry, just now saw this.... I was at aquarium paradise today.... they were crazy busy and had a decent selection ( I bought some fish flakes), I’ve never been to kings discuss and would like to check that out at some point

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw this one too. So @ziggyzoo... where did you go?

I love to take drives to check out various stores. I have not checked out the ones in the Seattle area yet. I need to make some time and make a day of it.

For me Aquarium Paradise is right around the corner so I stop in frequently. A short drive south and its Pet Works Olympia. A long drive south and its Wet Spot in Portland, lol. Otherwise all the good stores are up North.

Orthopod

Haven’t been to kings discus since it moved from downtown Seattle. It was nice to see because I like anywhere that has fish but would only head there if you were specifically interested in discus. When I was into discus and trying to breed them, I used to get mine from Kenny (side note: very sad with the recent news for those of you who know or have done business with him).

aquarium paradise always has a more diverse fish selection and sometimes some really interesting stuff - hadn’t seen lechtardi arowana any other place .

fish stores worth taking a look at up north are Bridges in lake Stevens area, the fish store and aquarium coop.

wetspot inportland beats all our stuff though.
It’s kind of funny because the last places of lived I know regions based on fish stores. That’s how I know the New York/New Jersey area as well, lol.

ziggyzoo

I just saw this one too. So @ziggyzoo... where did you go?

I love to take drives to check out various stores. I have not checked out the ones in the Seattle area yet. I need to make some time and make a day of it.

For me Aquarium Paradise is right around the corner so I stop in frequently. A short drive south and its Pet Works Olympia. A long drive south and its Wet Spot in Portland, lol. Otherwise all the good stores are up North.
I went to kings discuss first ( I didn't realize it was someone's house and when we called them the said they would be there for an hour or so. I was bummed we made the drive all the way there for nothing. Then we went to aquarium paradise which was cool but I was hoping they would have more. Then we went to midway pets which was interesting. Very run down but had a pretty huge selection of fish and not bad prices. I would go back there again but not the others. My favorite stores are still bridges, the fish store and the co op.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
It seems all the stores can be hit or miss when it comes to fish stock or if we are looking for something in particular. Since Aquarium Paradise is right around the corner I stop regularly and pretty much see what comes in each week. Some shipments seem better than others but for the general Tacoma area you really only have the big box pet stores to compare against. This one is the stand out in the area for unique fish. Otherwise you have to go North for most of the unique stuff.

Madness

Staff member
I went to kings discuss first ( I didn't realize it was someone's house and when we called them the said they would be there for an hour or so. I was bummed we made the drive all the way there for nothing. Then we went to aquarium paradise which was cool but I was hoping they would have more. Then we went to midway pets which was interesting. Very run down but had a pretty huge selection of fish and not bad prices. I would go back there again but not the others. My favorite stores are still bridges, the fish store and the co op.
I went to bridges yesterday for the first time, very disappointed. Definitely don't carry my likes

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I went to bridges yesterday for the first time, very disappointed. Definitely don't carry my likes
I think this is why most of us seem to be ordering stuff in. The local stores are carrying the bread and butter stuff but not much else. When I see Craigslist posts for fish and they are fairly unique items, I know there is a whole group of us fish keepers having to go online for fish.

ziggyzoo

I
Haven’t been to kings discus since it moved from downtown Seattle. It was nice to see because I like anywhere that has fish but would only head there if you were specifically interested in discus. When I was into discus and trying to breed them, I used to get mine from Kenny (side note: very sad with the recent news for those of you who know or have done business with him).

aquarium paradise always has a more diverse fish selection and sometimes some really interesting stuff - hadn’t seen lechtardi arowana any other place .

fish stores worth taking a look at up north are Bridges in lake Stevens area, the fish store and aquarium coop.

wetspot inportland beats all our stuff though.
It’s kind of funny because the last places of lived I know regions based on fish stores. That’s how I know the New York/New Jersey area as well, lol

Oh no! That's a bummer. The one thing I don't like about them is they always keep the cool big fish they get it. I don't wanna go there and look at awesome big clown loaches I can't buy

ziggyzoo

I actually swung into sierra fish and pets today. I was there a few weeks ago and supppperrr disappointed ...everything was sick. But since I was driving right by anyway today I stopped in and things looked alot better..didn't see hardly any sick fish and a bonus that I finally found my starry night cichlid I have been searing everywhere for!!!