Fish Food

Stingro

Does anyone know where to get a great deal on bulk and jumbo size fish food? I usually ordered from Amazon and it would be here in a few days but now it's two weeks away and it has thrown off my food supply. I have lots of fish from small tetras to almost 2' arowanas and 1' clown loaches. The market's raw shrimps are still readily available but my pellet food supplies are low.

Any website or local fish stores that has great deals on fish food?

thanks,

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
It depends on what food you’re looking for, but I have bought from kens before with quick shipping.

I’ve also bought from Brian Dahlberg. He is the supplier for southern delight fish food which is a staple of mine.

He sells in bulk, but when you factor in shipping, it isn’t the cheapest food out there, but for the ingredient list I sure like it.

he sells them in 1lb and 2lb containers.

You can google Aquatic Support Sytems and check him out if you want. He also has a Facebook page

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon has been trying to be responsible with the whole COVID19 thing and limited shipments and put priority on what they consider essential. This really sucks since they dont consider fish food essential and I would have to wait till the 22nd.

I ended up needing some food and couldnt get it till the end of April with Amazon. I just googled the food I use and found it on Walmart's site with delivery now coming this week. ( I was needing some NLS Float 3mm)

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Ken's is good, and surprisingly quick given they're on the East Coast (Priority Mail). Big Al's is also good; they're in Ontario, but seem to have a warehouse in Buffalo, so they're also reasonably quick. I'm set for food, but I ordered four 2.2 lb. containers of SeaChem Tanganyika Buffer and four 2.2 lb. containers of SeaChem Cichlid Lake Salts from Big Al's recently, so I don't have to worry about having supplies to do water changes. With the current U.S.-Canada exchange rate, the prices of these chemicals were about half of what they were on Amazon.

Ruturaj Hagavane

Amazon has been trying to be responsible with the whole COVID19 thing and limited shipments and put priority on what they consider essential. This really sucks since they dont consider fish food essential and I would have to wait till the 22nd.

I ended up needing some food and couldnt get it till the end of April with Amazon. I just googled the food I use and found it on Walmart's site with delivery now coming this week. ( I was needing some NLS Float 3mm)

I was going to suggest NLS from Walmart. Good prices on there.

Edit: looking at the date now, I am a little too late.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to suggest NLS from Walmart. Good prices on there.

Edit: looking at the date now, I am a little too late.

It’s pretty slow around here, totally understandable.

Yeah the Walmart prices were 1/2 the price as anywhere else on the stuff I got. Algaemax. Probiotix, and Float (lrg. 3mm). Im stocked up for a while now.

Ruturaj Hagavane

It’s pretty slow around here, totally understandable.

Yeah the Walmart prices were 1/2 the price as anywhere else on the stuff I got. Algaemax. Probiotix, and Float (lrg. 3mm). Im stocked up for a while now.

Yep, Walmart prices are much better. I am planning to get some algaemax as well, I need much smaller quantity as it's just 20% diet of my single fish. Just can't decide on pellet size and quantity.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Took forever to get stuff from Walmart but Im stocked up on NLS foods. The cost at the time was about 1/2 the price of other places.

Water conditioner from amazon.
IMG_20200527_183815425.jpg