Finnex Planted+ 24/7 SE and Vivid+ Video

Cole

Here's a video I did, showing off the new Finnex Planted+ 24/7 and Vivid+... pretty straight forward. :) Enjoy

Great review! I've been waiting to see a review of the new 24/7 Planted+ SE. I'm a little disappointed that Finnex didn't allow for more user customization when using the 24/7 mode. I'd really like to be able to adjust the light output for certain times of the day. We can't really have live plants in our South American cichlid tanks, but I love the natural ramping up and down of the 24/7 timer. So, it would be sweet if there was a light out there where I could tone down the max light output during the peak times of the day. Our S.A. cichlid tanks seem to prefer a max light setting of 6pm with the current Finnex Planted+ 24/7. Thanks for posting!

Thanks, Cole!

I think for what it's worth, Finnex has added features that are nice, for sure. Especially for their price range...I think ones that have programmable times cost more than what most lights in the hobby run for. The Current USA Satellite LED+ Pro lights have a programmable ramp up/ramp down timer so you can have it turn on and off at certain times, so there's always that option :)

You *could* however set it so that the finnex planted+ 24/7 is at "max output" at 6pm, by adjusting what the lights "internal clock" is set at.

So if we assume that 12pm is when it's at its max light output, be sure to have it set at 12pm setting, when it's 6pm in real life (does that make sense? I keep re-reading it in my head and it ends up sounding complicated. LOL).

Cole

Thanks, Cole!

I think for what it's worth, Finnex has added features that are nice, for sure. Especially for their price range...I think ones that have programmable times cost more than what most lights in the hobby run for. The Current USA Satellite LED+ Pro lights have a programmable ramp up/ramp down timer so you can have it turn on and off at certain times, so there's always that option :)

You *could* however set it so that the finnex planted+ 24/7 is at "max output" at 6pm, by adjusting what the lights "internal clock" is set at.

So if we assume that 12pm is when it's at its max light output, be sure to have it set at 12pm setting, when it's 6pm in real life (does that make sense? I keep re-reading it in my head and it ends up sounding complicated. LOL).

Ha ha. Yep. That makes perfect sense. The only issue is our tiger striped silver dollars are real really skittish for about 11-4 pm, when I use the 24/7 mode, so I guess I'm stuck with manually turning on and off the lights with the settings of 6pm and 12 midnight. I am looking at the Current Satellite + Pro for our next purchase. Hard to justify the cost of those lights at retail price though. They're going to have to be majorly discounted before I pull the trigger.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah...... $289 is what we sell the 48"-60" Current USA Satellite LED+ Pros for... Amazon sells it for $2 cheaper I think. But yeah, that sounds about right for the features that you want. :)

In their defense, that's what we use in our planted sales tank at work, and it does pretty well. I might have to slap on a Finnex Ray 2 on our High Light planted tank though, because, yes... while it's brighter than its previous model (Current USA Satellite LED+) it's still not as bright, in my opinion, as far as PAR values are concerned.

Still... I'd say it's worth every penny :) you might be able to wait for a sale to come up at one of the online stores, and really get your money's worth for sure! :D

Ahhhahaha.... :3

I will say, the Planted+ 24/7 SE fixtures are pretty neat. However, I think I like the Vivid+ slightly more because of the single strip of color enhancing LEDs. They're so gooooooood... not as good as a Monster Ray, but still!

Yes, only because it's such a unique light, there are no other lights out there that color enhance as well as the Monster Ray by Finnex. There are other lights that "claim" to color enhance such as Aqueon's Modular LED Fixtures with their Beauty Max (RGB LEDs) ... but it still doesn't do it as well as the Monster Ray.