F0 Archocentrus centrarchus update

This is just a very quick video of the F0 fliers I picked up from Jeff Rapps back in March. They are still divided because every time I pull the divider, one of them (it's not always the same one) beats the crap out of the other. Once I get moved and settled next month and can open up some tank space, I'll give them a bigger tanks and some tank mates. I think should help with the aggression. Anyway, they are really cool fish and they're big. I haven't measured but I'm sure the male (he's the one on the right in the video) is all of six inches.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/q4hMw1WrWUU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The one on the right is my favorite . I like how it has all of its fins extended

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Youve got some awesome fish! Is it time for madness to come over and film? We want more!

dwarfpike

One of the most under rated centrals IMO ... though it does seem I say that about most of the smaller/midsized centrals.  :whistle

DMD123 said:
Youve got some awesome fish! Is it time for madness to come over and film? We want more!
You humble me. As of right now, everything I have worth filming is Trimacs and the centrarchus. I'm trying to get some video of my F0 septemfasciatus but their temporary holding cell is less than ideal which makes filming difficult.

Everything else I have is really small still.

dwarfpike said:
One of the most under rated centrals IMO ... though it does seem I say that about most of the smaller/midsized centrals.  :whistle
Thus the "dwarf" in your handle  :D 

They are really pretty. Video and the lighting just doesn't do them justice. They have cheap T8 6500k shop lights above the tank currently. I'm sure that a full spectrum bulb, along with painting the back of the tank, would really make them pop.

Update from tonight. I moved their tankmates out and removed the divider.....

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/tgiicyFuBYk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Madness

Staff member
Click 'multi quote' on the threads you want then hit reply on the bottom of the page. :)

Beautiful pair, Bassetman's male offed his female as well