Everyone handling the power outages okay??

Ali

Everything okay at Cory's shop? I know there are still 100k or so without power in southern Snohomish county. Including my new house. I had planned to move tanks today but obviously can't take them somewhere without power. Going to be down to the wire getting out (on my bum ankle) by the 1st now! But at least I didn't have tanks already at the MLT house for us to lose power.

Bob

Mine was out for 12 hours. Longest it has been out in the 12 years i have lived here. Everyone seems to be doing ok though. Will be monitoring parameters throughout the day.

Ali

Apparently ours just came back up.

I'd offer space in the new house to set up byckets/rubbermaid tubs with sponge filters for your sensitive guys to wait it out, but the house is wall to wall boxes currently

Caseyf

Ours came back on last night. Not sure how though, the power lines are lying on the street, and on our neighbors house.

Special thanks to Cory @ Aquarium Co-op! I was a big dummy and never got any battery powered air pumps. Needed them yesterday, and made the trek to his place to get some. Power was out at the Co-op, but he was still there. I got two pumps, and a few other dry goods while I was there (figured I should try to make it worth his time for being open).

It looks like all my wet pets will make it through. Although, one of my Bettas is not looking very happy. He may be a causality of the filters failing.

Good luck to everybody, hope you are all going to be OK!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
The shop got power back up today. Everything seems to be ok so far. Still no power at my house yet.

Betty

Staff member
Ours was out for about 11 hours this time. Our worst was 4 days a few winters ago. We bought a generator after a 2 day outage several years ago. It was a very good investment!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Im in Lakewood now and it has tons of big trees. We are at my in-laws at the moment and the power went down for a couple hours but was back up and running in no time. My internet at the house went down, apparently the DSL had to get reset. So no big deal this time...

Madness

Staff member
I just read that the weather service was about to announce a tornado warning in Lakewood Saturday. Crazy crazy weather

Chiisai

I lost power for 12-14hrs ran down the SUV battery using power inverter. Ran extension cord into garage to power vital systems(air/heat). All the tanks got 2x 10-20% warm water changes to keep from going septic. No deaths

Ali

I ended up losing a neon tetra, though it had been looking crappy for weeks, maybe just a coincidence.

Never could keep Mollies alive, my understanding is they really want hard brackish water, not our soft Seattle freshwater tanks.

tazeat

No issues, power was out about 40 hours or so, I ran the generator during the days and turned it off from about 12am-8am without issue, started back up and all seemed fine. I think the heavily plantedness of the tanks helps. Temperature dropped a few degrees at night, but didn't see any signs of stress on the fish.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just bought a generator. I borrowed one from my uncle who has a couple. Now I can be prepared with my own. Will end up buying another one for my new fish room I'm building.

L190

What kind did you end up buying? Was thinking of getting one of those Honda ones since they are super quiet but they cost a lot of money