EuroFish Aquatics

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
This new store is on my way home from work. The space is small. He has four racks on two walls three high of 75/90g. Long rack three high of 30g(?) and a tower rack of 20g 3 high too.
One wall was all discus including F1 juveniles. The long wall was mostly swordtail varieties. The third wall was rummy nose tetras and neons.
The store plan is to import from Czech Republic and Slovakia and to from local breeders.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I still have yet to visit. Was just updating this post with some basic info.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 153137.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-27 1.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I got to stop in today and was surprised by quite a few interesting fish you don't see that often. My wife and I talked with the owner for quite a while and he was a very nice guy. No pressure to buy anything from him and just a genuine interest in you as a hobbyist and what you were keeping. I asked permission to take the pics which I posted.

Overall Experience 5
Service 5
Cost 5
Variety of Fish 5
Quality of Fish 5

Edit to add some of the interesting fish there: ornate bichir, red wolf fish, vampire tetra, dat, a couple interesting knife fish, snakehead gudgeon, golden puffers, axolotl, discus, xl blue phantom pleco, xl green hi-fin phantom pleco

IMG_20231223_152648017_HDR.jpgIMG_20231223_152552876.jpgIMG_20231223_152539973_HDR.jpgIMG_20231223_152530814_HDR.jpgIMG_20231223_152513507_HDR.jpgIMG_20231223_152502778.jpg

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

Finally made it up. Grabbed a couple of the Endlers they just got in and in my excitement picking out my future sires I uhhhhh stuck my finger in the tank :(

Water change time. I feel bad so I owe them some of my fancy Endlers (per me) now lol

But, the store is looking good. Can't wait until the bowfront is up and running.

Set up a temporary tub until I decide what to do with the.PXL_20240220_235536423.jpgPXL_20240220_203121006.MP.jpg

Was going to get two of these, but I saw the pattern on the other last second and got that instead.

PXL_20240220_203152760.jpg

Last edited:

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I struggle with writing reviews but here goes.
His tanks are always cloudy. I stopped by 29MAR and he had multiple tanks with qualities of dead.
I had stopped by a couple times in previous weeks and while tanks were cloudy I did see any dead.
He does seem to be trying to stock non-typical fish store fare.
He's an Aquarium Coop partner store but gripes about Cory. Gripes about all the other fish stores too.
Prices, meh.
Carries lock bred from hobbyists.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Finally made it up. Grabbed a couple of the Endlers they just got in and in my excitement picking out my future sires I uhhhhh stuck my finger in the tank :(

Water change time. I feel bad so I owe them some of my fancy Endlers (per me) now lol

What on earth are you talking about?

BPSabelhaus

What on earth are you talking about?
I dunno, they were grumpy when I reached over the tank to point out the fish I wanted, but didn't realize they were filled to the rim. Whatever, if they want to do a water change that's their prerogative. I offered fish as an apology was all. What's a dozen livebearers? A day or two wait? lol Costs me nothing to try to make peace / friends / contacts in general.

I thought it was a bit weird myself. But, I'm autistic and I understand a lot of humans have little quirks and I know how much some things can bother me. I don't know them or their situation. If water changes bother them that much, I'd rather make some sort of offer of resolution, even just to make them feel better.

I get it, some days are tougher than others and you just mutter something you didn't really mean because it's not that big of a deal. But it was just the wrong time lol

Ben

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I dunno, they were grumpy when I reached over the tank to point out the fish I wanted, but didn't realize they were filled to the rim. Whatever, if they want to do a water change that's their prerogative. I offered fish as an apology was all. What's a dozen livebearers? A day or two wait? lol Costs me nothing to try to make peace / friends / contacts in general.

I thought it was a bit weird myself. But, I'm autistic and I understand a lot of humans have little quirks and I know how much some things can bother me. I don't know them or their situation. If water changes bother them that much, I'd rather make some sort of offer of resolution, even just to make them feel better.

I get it, some days are tougher than others and you just mutter something you didn't really mean because it's not that big of a deal. But it was just the wrong time lol

Ben
So... what you're trying to say is you put your finger in a LFS tank and they got upset? No surprise there.

clownie

I struggle with writing reviews but here goes.
His tanks are always cloudy. I stopped by 29MAR and he had multiple tanks with qualities of dead.
I had stopped by a couple times in previous weeks and while tanks were cloudy I did see any dead.
He does seem to be trying to stock non-typical fish store fare.
He's an Aquarium Coop partner store but gripes about Cory. Gripes about all the other fish stores too.
Prices, meh.
Carries lock bred from hobbyists.
Haven't made it there yet. Thursday's work best for me and he closed on Thursday's.