emersed tank set up

L190

Anyone know anything about this species of frogs? Found it in my garage when I open the garage door to do some tank maintenance.[GALLERY=media, 231]P_20170417_221718 by L190 posted Apr 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM[/GALLERY]

Loren

Wow, your fake world is so real that it is fooling the real world. Very nice.

It is a Pacific tree frog and it is the state amphibian of the State of Washington.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Wow, your fake world is so real that it is fooling the real world. Very nice.

It is a Pacific tree frog and it is the state amphibian of the State of Washington.

@L190 - He's right and I have a yard full of them! (no pesticides, lotsa bugs, lotsa flowers, reliable water source, places to hide)

L190

Haven't updated this in a while. since I started this tank, I have collected more rare crypts and plants as well as change a few things with the set up.
What I did was switch out the acrylic tank for a glass one. the acrylic tank's top started warping due to the lights, due to that, the top developed some openings which decreased the humidity.
I got rid of the water pump / sprayer. what I found out was that black cotton like mold was developing on the sides of the tank and the plants. I believe this came fro the miracle grow potting soil and by spraying, it spread the spores all over the tank. if I were to set up an automatic sprayer, I would use a 5 gallon bucket with rodi water as a reservoir.
I also upgraded the air pump. I switched out 2 generic air pumps for a eco plus pro 20 "linear" air pump. I built a 12 valve manifold to run 2 emersed tanks. the benefit of the new air pump is that it is very strong and very quiet, the bubbles from the air wand makes more noire than the pump.
I had extra room bellow the 55 gallon tank so I set up another emersed tank, it is a 20l.
55 gallon tank:

[GALLERY=media, 258]55 emersed tank by L190 posted Oct 7, 2017 at 7:32 PM[/GALLERY]

Plants:
crypts: Grabowski, ideii, petchii pink, cordata, ferruginea, cordata var. diderci, blasii, nakamotoi, nurii, notoroi wongso, jacobsenii pink, affinis metallic red, bullosa, affinis green, Uenoi, zukalii, Fusca, striolata, pink flamingo, Yuji, Kubotae, green gecko, nurii luminous green, matakensis, Striolata mini
swords: aflame, iguazu 09 (waiting for more leaves to find out), Verde (need more leaves to find out), Satan
various buces
various anubias

[GALLERY=media, 259]20l crypt tank by L190 posted Oct 7, 2017 at 7:32 PM[/GALLERY]
crypts: grafithii, silver queen, sahalii, poisiden, yellow ring, striolata tiger stripe, nurii metallic red, striolata red, lingua, nurii Rosen maiden, hudoroi, Fusca 'badau', tingii Kota, nurii pahang mutated, ferruginea long leaf, pelan, minima gasser, alba brown, dewittii, Fusca, hendriki

Last edited:

Loren

MAN ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!