Emersed Glosso Terrarium

pbmax

I spread it out on a jelly roll baking pan and cooked it in the oven at 325F (convection, 350F normal) for about 40 minutes I think. It did make the house stink a bit (composted manure and pasteurized chicken manure), but opening the windows and running a fan did the trick. ;)

It was somewhat moist when I did this - it'd been sitting outside since last summer.

pbmax

Haha, that's the spirit. I kind of didn't consider the smell before I did it... but really it wasn't too bad - mostly just "earthy" :)

pbmax

1st post updated with a photo of a couple of flowers. :)

I spotted at least 4 in the container, though there could be more. Glosso flowers aren't terribly spectacular, but I'm glad my plants are happy. :cyclops:

pbmax

Thanks!

It's pretty much at the point where I'm thinking about what to do with it... I guess I could try to plant it in my tanks, but I'm sure I'd kill it. Maybe I'll start up another emersed setup and try to sell the stuff? :) I'm not very good at selling stuff though... takes time and effort. Watching it grow is easy ;)

Well hey, if you do plan on selling some... you know where to find me! It's quite odd. I mean, my tanks are pretty much full with plants now, I don't have anymore planting room, yet...here I am, still on the lookout for more plants. LOL