electric catfish?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I saw one at Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood a few months back. Kind of wondered what it would be like to own. Its funny on a fish info page they concluded with "Most people should not own this fish." Now that makes me want to take on the challenge and get one!

Wolf-Keeper1

I dont know anything about them but I seen him there last weekend, would def be pretty cool and a great conversation starter.

Paintguy

"everyone hold hands and I will touch the fish"... after saying the typical redneck "ya'll check this out".

83yote

i bought one from aquarium paradise a while back when it was about 4 or 5". had it for like a year or so till recently about 8-10". pretty easy to take care of. i had it in my 55 with a oscar and angelfish. he only came out at night but still seemed to make my fish nervous almost 24/7. packs quite a punch. if your hand is in the water near him and he gets startled you can get shocked. didn't expect this at all!! lol. i fed him massivore pellets and feeders at night. i think he is the culprit to the death of my 8" pleco so no other bottom dwellers!!! good luck

knifegill

I would put a + wire at one end of the tank and a - at the other end and hook them up to a light bulb so it lit up whenever he released any electricity. Maybe some diodes or something more sensitive would work better.