EHEIM skim350 ( duck weed skimmer)

A

Anonymous

Re: EHEIM skim350 ( duck weed skimmer)

2 months now and no signs of Duck Weed.  :cheers:

So what does a person do with a skimmer specifically designed to remove duck weed when all the duck weed is gone? One member suggested using it as a protein skimmer for a small tank to remove bio film. That's one use.

How about a CO2 defuser?

MRTom

This is pretty funny, but potentially useful. Tell us how your CO2 changes!

A

Anonymous

KaraWolf said:
Rent it to others with duckweed problems XP
Lol , no kidding. Do you want to rent it? I paid $30 for this thing, used it for like 2 weeks and it made its rounds to all of my tanks. Works awesome as a skimmer. Plus $30 is what I paid for my best CO2 reactor. The  very 1st CO2 defuser I seen in a large tank was something exactly like this. Being very small and compact I think it'll work just fine for this application.

@MRTom, I'll keep y'all updated :)

KaraWolf

lol don't have a duckweed problem myself. Actually considering getting one since its some of the toughest stuff. Might actually. Survive the surface current!

KaraWolf said:
Rent it to others with duckweed problems XP
I would actually love to rent one of these. I can't really justify buying one of these right now, but I would love to use one for a day.

MRTom

I'll second that, I have two, and they are both working overtime on watermeal (rather than duckweed). If really just in the market for a duckweed skimmer, you could DIY one with an upside down water bottle, some foam, plastic hose and a pump. (heck, route the hose to your filter intake, and you have an interesting solution! :) )