Dying Angelfish, help

lingotheowl

I recently got 2 baby koi angelfish. One is doing great, however, since the beginning the other one has spit out every piece of food he ate and now he won't eat at all and appears to be dying . Please help? I've fed them bloodworms, shrimp, color enhancing tropical food, granulated tropical food. I feel like I've tried everything at this point.

clownie

Very...Very hard to tell with just a description. Pics could help. When you say "baby" what size do you mean? dime, nickle,quater size?

clownie

It looks pretty normal to me. Maybe give it a few days and it will regain it's appetite.

BabyGirl77

I agree with giving it a few days and then seeing if he/she will eat. If not, check your water parameters to make sure they are normal, do a water change, and see if he/she perks up and eats. Some fish will go off food for no reason and then suddenly they will eat again. After a few days, try a different food.

Not sure if this is allowed or not, but there is a guy that I get my fish food from and he is excellent. John Patakos sells fish food and fish really do go crazy for it. It is called plecocaine. He lives in Cleveland, Ohio. He does have an aquabid account. When you go there, you can say that I sent you. He knows me as BabyGirl77 as well as my regular name. He is really great at getting the order to you within a few days to a week.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Any update? The top find does look clamped. First thing I would do is check your water parameters. As well monitor to see if other fish are harassing it. That is a pretty small size to be in a community tank with fish like gourami.

lingotheowl

He wasn't being bullied at all actually, and my gourami isn't very aggressive towards other fish except my pearl gourami, they're in separate tanks now. I think he was just sick to begin with, I found him dead last night so I removed him and did a 60% water change. My water has been tested multiple times and is just fine. All of my other fish are looking very good including my other 2 angelfish. I'm not sure what went wrong...