Dull eye

Gosu

One of my puffer fish in full marine has 1 eye that looks almost ick infected its got something on it and is dull white

hurry i need help i love my puffers to death!!

icer711

it probably just an eye bite my cichlids have done that before the dominate one was showing force and that the most sensitive spot on fish... still have the fish has recovered in a couple days all all happy now... its looked huge and like very watered down milky color... hope it helps

icer711

mine looked similar to this but no my fish never took a pict i think he was ashamed of him self every time i tried to look he went and hid
his eye looked 2x bigger than i have ever seen it and had a cloudiness to it his was only on one side but he was the only fish that way there are are fine and living on that was like 8months ago so
attachment.php

Gosu

well these are puffers if they bit an eye it would be gone, their teeth are fused and more like an extremely sharp beak than teeth also their mouth is bigger than their eye so, not saying impossible but im guessing its an infection or fungus of some sort, really hope i can get some definitive answers soon i dont wanna lose one of these

icer711

believe it or not my African have teeth to not beaks but still the eye area on a fish is very sensitive so it wouldn't take much to inflame the area im sure the slightest nip would set it in motion. the eye is a fishes cheep shot to win a fish fight like if you got in a fight and someone just poked you in the eye you really cant fight back im most cases you just go away..... sorry i cant give you solid yes or no answer but hope is just inflamed due to a nip and not infected good luck those are some cool little fish

lars on

I know Pop eye will make the eyes protrude from the socket, but it is usually with both eyes, and because of poor water quality. Sorry I couldnt help more! GOOD LUCK!

Mikey

One of my puffers bit the other in the eye... he died a day later. Nasty little buggers.

SO, hopefully he just scraped it on rock or something. Good luck!

Gosu

looks like its this fungus, ima get the meds tomorrow hes acting normal though so should be fine

A

Anonymous

I lost a big Auratus to an eye bite once..made me mad. but the other fish about ate his eyeball.