Does this sound like a good deal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

protocl

I'm not keen on snohomish water quality nor the surrounding counties, based on what the CL poster said; about rinsing the filter media straight from tap and doing a WC with untreated water indicates that the filter media is not and has not matured. Thus, forcing the occupants to dwell in a limbo of NTS.
The poster mentioned: stirring up the substrate every 4 to 6 months?!

From what I've read, I think those fishes are not happy and are stressed from poor water quality, but allow other posters to chime in.

To answer your question: yes, it is a good deal for the whole set, but would not want you to spend hundreds more to rehabilitate those fishes and tank if some thing arise.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That is not a bad price. Looks like it needs a little TLC and get rid of all those convicts! A new 55g starter kit (no gravel & cheap equipment) at Walmart or Petsmart is around $200 + a cheap stand $100ish + tax on it all. So $100 for all that is pretty good; of course I would start my offer at $75 and see where it goes from there.

The 50+ fish with hardly any cleaning made me cringe a little, but Convicts are pretty resilient and durable fish. You might not be able to sell them but I'm sure a few shops would take them off your hands for free.

Kingstature

I agree with protocl on this one 100%. The owner of this tank is a RETARD.. For these reasons --.Non Treated water?? Cleans it twice a year??? and when he does his cleaning he stirs the gravel and changes 50% of the water (What the Fuc*) . None the less all those convicts are brother and sister Burly fish or not they are not happy one bit.. All the equipment is worth 100 bucks, But I know you can get the walmart 55 gallon full set up (No stand) 159.99 + Tax and its Brand New, and not have to deal with all those convicts... Or buy it and attempt to get store credit or sell them.. I say "attempt" cause convicts are the rabbits of the cichlid world and they are a "Dime a Dozen" ..
However if your shopping CL for a 55 I would hold off as there are so many sweet deals for set ups and now with nicer weather means Garage Sales.. Just last weekend I filled my car with garage sale aquariums and equipment and spent less than 50 dollars all day...
So yeah its a good deal if you dont have time to hunt down exactly what your after.....Good Luck with those convicts.... :king:

Status
Not open for further replies.