Hey,

Does anyone on here keep Diapteron Killies? I have a pair of cyanostictum and would love to get some more to try and breed them. I apologize if I am going about this the wrong way. I just joined this group and don't really know how it works.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@subtropicalfish, welcome to the forum!

Where are you located? We might be able to recommend shops in your area if no one here is raising the fish you are looking for.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Best advice I have is to check with Cory at Aquarium Co-Op or Wet Spot out of Portland. Both are the most likely sources for a fish like that.

@subtropicalfish, welcome to the forum!

Where are you located? We might be able to recommend shops in your area if no one here is raising the fish you are looking for.
Hey,

I split my time between Monroe and Ephrata. I have been to nearly every fish shop west of Spokane at some point-but if you had an idea of who, out of the shops, might keep a large variety of killies, that would be great!

Best advice I have is to check with Cory at Aquarium Co-Op or Wet Spot out of Portland. Both are the most likely sources for a fish like that.
I contacted Cory a long time ago about them but he didnt have any (I did message his shop on fb the other day and am waiting to hear back). I could check back. Wet spot doesnt have any on their list but they might know someone who keeps them. Before I start calling around to fish shops I thought I'd try here.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The Wet Spot in Portland Oregon has Killies on their list but not the ones you are looking for. But you can contact them and see if they would put you on a list to contact if/when they become available. Shipping to WA state is not too bad. Usually about $28 to me, close to Tacoma area.

Otherwise you might contact Cory at Aquarium Co-Op, who is out of Edmonds
https://www.aquariumcoop.com/

Im to the point in the hobby I usually have to order fish online because what I want is not available locally. This might be what you will have to do. Or reach out to a local store and see if they would work with you to get some in.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I contacted Cory a long time ago about them but he didnt have any (I did message his shop on fb the other day and am waiting to hear back). I could check back. Wet spot doesnt have any on their list but they might know someone who keeps them. Before I start calling around to fish shops I thought I'd try here.
I was typing as you were posting.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
There was a member on here, clifford, who had posted about them some time ago. I messaged him but I dont know if I understand how the messaging works. I havent heard back from him.
The site has been pretty dead lately. Been trying to get members active again. All you can do is PM them and hope they check every now and then.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Love the Diapteron killies, but definitely specialty fishes, not often seen, and I don't know anyone locally who is keeping them. Many years ago I had a friend who specialized in them, and had an amazing collection, basically in a closet full of all these tiny little tanks. He got most of his stock from other hobbyists nationwide, who would send him eggs in the mail! Awesome, and a totally different world from cichlid-keeping. Good luck.