Dennys Pet World - Kirkland

Stingro

I've only been here a few times but I really like this place not because of variety or cost but just the atmosphere that attracts me and Tiki the cool Parrot. I mainly like big bad fishes and this place doesn't really carry big fish. What attracts me is the possibility of finding another treasure here. I bought a 5" flagtail here for $30!!!! I always love stores that take in orphans, that is why I love these kinds of stores. You can land a great deal out of nowhere!

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 4

hose91

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 4
Quality of Fish: 3
Variety: 3.5
Service: 4
Finished up a soccer tournament for my youngest at 60 Acres and took the opportunity to make a first trip to the new store location. Very nice space upgrade in general, imo. I think the fish room might actually be a bit smaller here than previously, but it's not terribly noticeable. They do have both fresh and salt water, though I did not look at any of the marine displays. Tanks were relatively clean, and mostly well marked. The aquatics manager was on duty, and was super helpful, as he's been in my previous visits as well. My kids were happy to pet the bunnies while I shopped for fish. I was looking to fill a couple of holes in my tanks (male Krib, some more guppies, male swordtail), got 90% of what I was looking for (it was a Sunday afternoon, so stock was perhaps a bit limited), and got out for under $30. I'd return in the future.

Bulldog389

Overall experience: 3
Cost:2
Quality of fish:2
Variety:4
Service:4

We just got home after a visit to Dennys this morning and I thought I would share our experience. We used to live very close and used to go there a few times a week, but after today I think it will be our last time due to moving and the quality of the fish. There were lots of dead fish, one shrimp tank had atleast 5 dead and rotting guppies and a few dead shrimp. It looked like a few goldfish tanks had crashed, they barely had any in stock and a few of the tanks were dry. I also noticed there were several tanks in quarantine, some looked like fin rot and others looked like ick. This made me pretty nervous because its an interconnected system so you cant quarantine a single tank unless you shut that tank off. All of these tanks were running with the system. The smaller display tanks also looked fairly dirty and a few had some dead fish too. I used to buy fish there all the time and initially went in today to pick up a pair of clown fish, but after seeing all of the dead and sick fish decided not too. Looking for a new saltwater store right now to fill my biocube.

KnownToSome

Overall Experience: 2.5
Cost: 2
Quality of Fish: 1
Variety: 3
Service: 3

I have lived one Bothell My whole life, shopped with them back when they were in the totem lake mall. I love the meds selection, as good as you will find online. But the fish are treated like garbage. I have gotten FW Hydra, Ich, and velvet off their plants. My puffer got blackspot from the snails (only place I have ever got snails... and that's where it comes from). The aquatics manager is a good man, jessy-but some of the girls can be catty on the floor. Prices are a bit high, but they have a lot of selection in items that can be hard to find (rare tanks, special driftwood, and some rare fish every so once and a while). But there is constantly dead and sick fish in the tanks and don't start me on the bettas, they rank with Petco and petsmart on that front. I want to love this store, the owners a good man, but the care is lacking in some ways and since I rescue fish.... it really bothers me.

Mike16T

Overall Experience: 2.5
Cost: 2
Quality of Fish: 1
Variety: 3
Service: 3

I have lived one Bothell My whole life, shopped with them back when they were in the totem lake mall. I love the meds selection, as good as you will find online. But the fish are treated like garbage. I have gotten FW Hydra, Ich, and velvet off their plants. My puffer got blackspot from the snails (only place I have ever got snails... and that's where it comes from). The aquatics manager is a good man, jessy-but some of the girls can be catty on the floor. Prices are a bit high, but they have a lot of selection in items that can be hard to find (rare tanks, special driftwood, and some rare fish every so once and a while). But there is constantly dead and sick fish in the tanks and don't start me on the bettas, they rank with Petco and petsmart on that front. I want to love this store, the owners a good man, but the care is lacking in some ways and since I rescue fish.... it really bothers me.

Pretty sure @Loren have a different perspective on this.. =)
Sorry for the bad experience..

Keiji

Overall Experience: 5 - always happy to visit
Cost: 2 - below average
Quality of Fish: 4
Variety: 2 (for species), 4 (for equipment/decor)
Service: 4 - sometimes I have to search for them

The aquatic section seems unbalanced. There seems to be a lot of one thing and a little bit of everything else. But they have what matters to me. Quality lights, quality substrate, and decor. Fish selection is very limited. Has support for saltwater enthusiasts!!