WTB Cyprichromis sp.

VElderton

Not sure if anyone in WA is breeding Cyprichromis utinta or similar small species of these genus. Selection is non-existant locally in the Vancouver area.

If you are breeding them or have a local contact I'd like to hear from you as I am planning a Seattle visit in a few weeks and would rather buy locally from a breeder if possible.

Thanks

clownie

I know that Cory at aquarium co op used to have them in his fishroom, but that was a few years ao.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
If you are breeding them or have a local contact I'd like to hear from you as I am planning a Seattle visit in a few weeks and would rather buy locally from a breeder if possible.

I'd be interested in some of these as well, if you find a local source.

VElderton

Hopefully someone will post to this thread and we will both get the info.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I still have some. Cyp, letosoma karange island. I could probably bring them into the QT room at the shop on hold if people were interested in buying some.

VElderton

Thanks Cory ... I won't be in the Seattle area until December and will re-connect then to see if you still have any. In the meantime it sounds like other forum members have an interest as well.

Last edited:

Erik Olson

Oops, replied to wrong (earlier) thread. The wife & I also have Cyprichromis leptosoma Kerenge Island. We usually get 4-12 fry per month from the colony in our display tank. We're not actively breeding them, just netting out fry when we see 'em. Pulled out 12 last week. Tipped off to this WTB post by Cory a few weeks ago but I'm not an active forum participant, so took a while to get around to replying.

We also have Ophthalmotilapia nasuta "Tiger Green", parents and fry, but I think we're going to be selling these all off soon & move on to something new.

VElderton

Double thanks ... I have an interest in both species. When I organize my next Seattle visit I will drop you a PM and maybe if you are open to it come by for a visit and fish too if the logistics work.