FS Custom Build Acrylic 250 gallon dual overflow aquarium

mickyfree

Hello,
Sadly, I have decided to sell this beast of a tank. This is not your average acrylic tank. Whoever built this, really put some time into this. Tank measures 96" long by 25" tall by 24" deep. Comes out to 249-250 gallons. Acrylic is 3/4" thick (overbuilt by 1/3"). All of the edges on the tank have been bevelled and heat treated for the poished look you see in the pics below. Black acrylic panel for background. Tank was originally a salt water tank, so it is drilled for that. Large, dual overflows can feed a sump a large amount of water, quickly. The top cut outs are also custom and have rounded edges so you can't cut yourself when are working on the tank. Very minimal scratches, nothing that would show up once the tank is filled. The guy I bought it off was friends with the original owner. Who used it for salt water. The guy who I got it from, used it for frogs and only had it half full. Tank is 6 years old. Has a lot of life left in it. Seams all are in tact with no bubbling present. I will include with the sale, all the pvc needed to connect to a sump ($130 worth of connections).

The only thing you will need to pick up is new backsides to the bulk heads. The male bulk head piece you can see on the tank are still in great shape. Additionally, I don't have any tops for the tank. Or the overflow cut outs. These can be made with 1/4" acrylic for 10 bucks.

I also have an Aqueon Pro Flex 4 sump for sale. It is brand new. It is rated up to 220 gallons. I was planning to run this and an FX-5. My fish plans have since changed and keeping this tank is not feasible.

I am asking 1,000 on craiglist. IF you mention you saw the ad here, I will sell the tank for $850 (w/ PVC connections and piping included). Another $200 for the sump. I also have a large pump 1800 gph can be used for sump for $90 also brand new

Madness

Staff member
Very nice tank. I cant even stay on top of the ones I already have at this time, though I would love this tank, it would look great in my living room as my loach tank

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps a shot of the top of the tank, for the portholes and any other cutouts for filtration?