Cooked food

A

Anonymous

Anyone else cook food for their fish? Once a week I boil some fresh shrimp in garlic for my Fronts. They absolutely love it.

A

Anonymous

My Mbuna used to eat the hell out of seaweed and cucumbers. Never tried chicken, pork or beef..lol. Lots of guys on the Frontosa forum swear by cooked shrimp.

Bassman42

I've never cooked for them. I can see why you might cook with garlic, because it's an appite enhancer. I have only done raw meats for mine.

Gosu

i feed my fishes and turtle some roast beef about once a week :) oh and scrambled eggs for the turtle nobody else likes em... im a turble cook!

Ashley

Hehe...our fish eat better than we do! Shrimp, tilapia, whatever we can find on sale! Usually raw though, they are not into cooked. Only as a treat though

Kingstature

I feed mine shrimp, Beefheart, clams, boiled carrots (just like in elementary school cafeteria not soft but not hard), Ocassional Double boiled Turkey Hot dog.. My kid gave my old oscar a Lemon Jelly Bean once and he ate it and came back for more..
Never actually cooked but have prepared a ton of food for the Dang Carnivores..... :king:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I never cook for my fish. They usually just get fast food; you know, the drive thru and order a fillet-O-fish sandwich for them.

I usually feed Omega One Cichlid pellets and Algae wafers along with earthworms.

hbluehunter

The only thing i feed is RAW !! Like said above the cooking takes out alot of the nutrients.. I feed raw market shrimp, and tilapia fillets to my rays.

Doza

i heard something a while ago not to feed anything cooked.. Something about making it harder to digest..