CLOSED - Conway tropical fish - Conway

Salzabar

Overall 5
Cost 5
Service 5
Quality 5
Variety 5

This is my roadtrip store since it is in Conway. Does anyone else Take a Saturday (usually a rainy day) and spend a good chunk of it at this store? It must be the turn of 19th Century building that its housed in or the mildew smell that lingers on your clothes long after you drove home but whatever it is I just love this place. I like a floor that lets you know your stepping on it. I like the display tanks with all the abundant healthy fish. Well done Conway Tropical Fish store in .....Conway.......ROADTRIP!

Jtang

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Probably my fave LFS around the skagit area. The guys who work there are super nice and know exactly what their doing. They always have good selection of fish and specialize in Cichlids. They seem to always get new and unique varieties of fish. Been noticing an increase of shrimp as well. They are cool and sometimes one of the guys throws in some extra plants, which is always a nice gift. They don't seem to mind trading too.

Addictedtofish

This is by far my favorite store, sure its the closest for me but all the knowledge and free information I get and dont have to buy something every time I go up there. Cory and Jim both have years of experience and love to tell you there tips and tricks in keeping africans which they specialize in and how to breed them. Thye do have a decent selection of other fish for those not into africans. Its a older store type setting with very clean mature tanks and very high quality fish, its a definite place to check out if your up north.

Madness

Staff member
Visiting my girlfriend up North on Thanksgiving weekend. Would definitely check this place out. Those of you that have been there, how is their C/S American Cichlid assortment? Always looking for new and different Cichlids...

stierwalt3

Not sure about their C/S American Cichlid assortment but the place is a fish store not a run of the mill pet store. So its wall to wall fish...I couldn't stay long enough to see it all! Yes and Cory is a super nice guy with lots of knowledge! I need to get back there soon!

Addictedtofish

There more of a African store, they do have a few different types of them and even adults for sale, but the selection is smaller than most stores up north.

Madness

Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Very nice store. Lots of Africans, and that male Aul. Ruben Red is absolutely beautiful. Didn't have much time to look, but overall a nice little store. The guys working there, very nice. They are holding a fish for me till I can get back up there Thanksgiving weekend. Normally the stores will not do that.

Madness

Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 3.5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5 (Africans) 2 (C/S Am)
Service 5++

Cory was awesome, gave me an excellent deal on a 6" male Festae.

Sonicdog

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

I have been waiting to chime in on this store, and it seems the site could use some positive vibe tonight. So... !!Out-freaking-standing store!!Conway, there are like 5 buildings there... and this OASIS of aquatic life is one of those 5 buildings. Fantastic fish, service, selection, atmosphere. Hop in the car with the kids and/or the significant other...( btw, there is what appears to be a high-end women's boutique next door and antique stores to occupy non-fishy folk).. and go. :D

Addictedtofish

Yep this is my favorite fish store by far, Mainly because of the knowledge I have been receiving, Im sure Cory has gotten tired of me calling him up at work asking noob questions like I do, but I do take 95% of his advice and love the deals they have on africans up there.

I haven't been to his store, but I sat and listened to Cory at length Saturday at the GSAS picnic. This guy has fantastic knowledge about his fish!

This man is good on filtration as well as fish! Too bad I live down here in Tacoma!

plaamoo

The best store around for the quality of their habitats. Tanks are clean and the fish are mostly healthy. Not being into cichlids there's not usually a lot of selection for my interests. I have bought a few nice gastromyzons in the past.

A

Anonymous

I like the variety here and the owner was interesting. I didn't like nearly stepping in dog poo though :(

Overall Experience: 3
Cost: 3
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 4
Service: 5

Ranger J

My favorite fish store! Very knowledgeable staff and always willing to help with any questions you may have. Lots of fish and tanks to check out. There is a little bit of everything when it comes to supplies. Fun place to browse around. The updated website looks great!
www.conwaytropicalfish.com

Overall Experience: 5
Cost: 5
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 5
Service: 5

Paintguy

Overall Experience 5
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

1st time there after doing the Tulip Festival. Just happen to drive by on the way home and had to stop while the girls checked out antiques nearby. Holy moly what a cichlid selection. I actually found a few female Saulosi that I needed and got that itch to fill yet another tank to try something new. Not a super fancy store with all matching tank displays, but who cares if the fish are in great health and soo many to choose from. Dad got some more Clown Loaches and he gave us a shipping box to get them home safe. Even bagged each fish separately.