Conversations

Betty

Staff member
Is there any way to tell whether or not a "conversation" (PM) has been read?

On the old forum, it would remain in the outbox until it was read by the recipient, but I can't find a way to tell here. Am I overlooking something obvious?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
It would appear that this software does not have that feature as some people feel it's a violation of their privacy. There is some custom code I could purchase to make this happen, but it seems like too much money for such little gain to the forum.

Bob

It violates my time when people cant take 1 minute to respond to an email. Now i can't tell if im being violated or if they just haven't read it.

Betty

Staff member
Violate their privacy?! I don't understand that. (But I do understand not wanting to spend the money for a feature that won't get much use.) I guess we'll just have to wonder if we were ignored or the message was never read. :whistle

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Well a case could be made say, oh I know for a fact Betty checked her private message at 3:02pm while she was on the clock at work, and now I could present that to her boss. However far fetched, petty fights have broken out on the internet. I think this is what people mean by violating their privacy.

pbmax

I hear you, Vicmacki. I get pretty tired of dealing with flakes who don't respond to PMs.