Comps and calvus

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Those are some of my favorite Africans! I just wish they got to about 10-12"

Thanks for sharing the video! Fish look great!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I got them after seeing an adult black calvus come out of a rock pile at a local breeders.... From head on it looked like it had baby mako shark teeth. I've been hooked ever since. Still need to find a black one so if anyone is selling/ trading some, let me know.

Tom, your pic in the contest was awesome.

Betty

Staff member
I like them as well -- nice. Do they all get along?

I have a trio of white calvus. It took a long for them to mature enough to spawn.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Mine get along, as they each have their own rock dwellings to live in.... The four young gold head comps always swim together in a school like formation. They are all siblings

L190

Cool video, was wondering how big is the tank and are there any other fish in the tank. I have 4 white and 2 comps. Super cool fish although they grow super slow. I am also looking for some black ones to add to my collection.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The white would be sweet too. Where are yours from?

L190

I got mine from fish emporium, I traded in a whole bunch of bristlenose Plecos for store credit and use that to buy them. I saw some cool black ones at midway but I don't have a open quarantine tank.

Betty

Staff member
Wish I had known you were interested in (white) calvus. I gave away my fry. My adults came from a group buy at Reserve Stock Cichlids back when sandnuka was active here; it's been a while!

Betty

Staff member
Occasionally, but I don't usually save them. They are slow growers and there was no interest in them.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
There is interest!!!!! I think even madness wants some haha

Betty

Staff member
Haha. I gave a few survivors from my first spawn to Madness. :spoton: