Co2 Regulators

funkyfish

Does anyone have any experiences with either the Azoo CO2 regulator w/solenoid ($80), Mikwaukee MA-957 ($80) or Rex Grigg's Best Aquarium Regulator with Fabco Needle valve ($155)?

I know the prices are not comparable, but at least like to eliminate those that have been troublesome. I am looking to set it up so the CO2 will be off when the lights are out.

I was also told another way of setting this up is with my existing cylinder (single gauge regulator) is to just have a reg air pump that would go on when the lights are off. The CO2 would be on 24/7. Anybody tried this method?

Am still building the cabinet so have time to do research.

Thanks.

Doza

The last method would be inefficient but would work.. In terms of being inefficient you would be wasting co2.. If you had solenoid it would shut off the co2 source..

Even with a solenoid you will want a bubbler in the tank to gas off the co2 that is in the tank and the co2 that the plants would be dispelling into the water.. Also plants need oxygen when the lights are off and it will also provide oxygen to any fish..

Without it both you fish and plants could use up most all the oxygen thats in the tank and co2 levels could get to high killing the fish..