Cichlids of the America's order

Modest_Man

I will be placing an order with COTA in the next few weeks (most likely the last week of July). If anyone wants anything let me know. I am in Orting for pickup and could hold for a couple days in a cycled empty 40b. I do work weekends so pickup would need to be after 7:30 on the weekends, but I am off work Tues-Fridays all day and would opt for a Tuesday delivery.

You'd have to tell me what you want and then pay a percentage of the shipping/packing/box fees, to be determined by orders/volume. Payment to me through PayPal before ordering. (I'm not going to make someone pay half of shipping for one fish.)

Stocklist is here-

http://www.cichlidsoftheamericas.com/id2.html

I will also be down at the WetSpot in a month if there is anything anyone wants brought back as well...

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very nice offer!

Out of curiosity, what are you ordering?

Modest_Man

Parachromis Motaguense Red Tiger
Vieja Argentea
Ex Cichlasoma Festae-Ecuador
Herichthys Carpintis Rio Hondo
Vieja Bifasciatus Rio Chacamax
Amphilophus Chancho
Herichthys Bocourti

Are what I have my eyes on. Probably won't get all of them.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I may have a few of those once I’ve decided on my keepers....

I’m growing out four smaller Chanco in the hopes of finding a female for my male

And my rtm ( male and females unrelated ) are working on pairing up

I’ll keep you in mind once mine sort themselves out

Arbeeh

I may have a few of those once I’ve decided on my keepers....

I’m growing out four smaller Chanco in the hopes of finding a female for my male

And my rtm ( male and females unrelated ) are working on pairing up

I’ll keep you in mind once mine sort themselves out
Hello. I’m a new member. I’d like to ask if you can spare me a chancho or two. I can do a trade. I have two 2 1/2” dovii and also red devils 4” i got from the east coast.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. I’m a new member. I’d like to ask if you can spare me a chancho or two. I can do a trade. I have two 2 1/2” dovii and also red devils 4” i got from the east coast.

Welcome to the Fishbox. This topic is over a year old. I dont believe @lloyd378 has those Chanco anymore. Best bet would be to post your wants under the Buy/Sell section. Use the WTB (want to buy) and then post what you are looking for.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I think I can connect you with a local hobbyist that is breeding chanco in Tacoma..... he may be interested in the devils if you have the history on them!

his chanco are far nicer than COTA chanco as his have the barring and aren’t just gray colored amphs like you see coming from cota.

I will reach out to him if you’d like, just let me know. Also let me know about the devils history so I can share that with him

Madness

Staff member
I will be placing an order with COTA in the next few weeks (most likely the last week of July). If anyone wants anything let me know. I am in Orting for pickup and could hold for a couple days in a cycled empty 40b. I do work weekends so pickup would need to be after 7:30 on the weekends, but I am off work Tues-Fridays all day and would opt for a Tuesday delivery.

You'd have to tell me what you want and then pay a percentage of the shipping/packing/box fees, to be determined by orders/volume. Payment to me through PayPal before ordering. (I'm not going to make someone pay half of shipping for one fish.)

Stocklist is here-

http://www.cichlidsoftheamericas.com/id2.html

I will also be down at the WetSpot in a month if there is anything anyone wants brought back as well...

Hey what's up? How the heck have you been? Your now in Orting, located in my back yard. How did the fish turn out that you got from Dan? I will be placing an order myself soon, as soon as the new fish room is done and ready.

Modest_Man

I was in Orting for 2 years, moved to Enumclaw a few months ago. Ended up not ordering from COTA. Found a guy locally with red dovii and had some Rio Chacamax bifas shipped in so I have been growing them out for the last year.

Sounds like you got out of the hobby and are now getting back in? I think I still owe you for those myersi that didn't like moving. Let me know when you do an order and I'll pick you out something fun, ha.

Madness

Staff member
I was in Orting for 2 years, moved to Enumclaw a few months ago. Ended up not ordering from COTA. Found a guy locally with red dovii and had some Rio Chacamax bifas shipped in so I have been growing them out for the last year.

Sounds like you got out of the hobby and are now getting back in? I think I still owe you for those myersi that didn't like moving. Let me know when you do an order and I'll pick you out something fun, ha.

It was a long trip for them. Ill be placing orders from everyone here soon. haha Id like to get some stock from various breeders and vendors. How do your Bifa look? I want to find some with amazing colors.

I will be in touch for that fun idea, lol.

Modest_Man

Let's see if that works. I actually took a crappy cell phone video of them during a water change Tuesday. I have 5. Largest is probably 9" or so and I got them last August at 1". They have quickly out grown my dovii.20200826_194430.jpg