Cheap place to get glass?

Peaceof

I am wanting some standard clear plate glass for a custom tank I am building myself. It will actually be a vivarium for dart frogs, but I thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. It will be 72" L x 18" W x 24" H , divided into 4 compartments each with it's own top opening lid. Maybe someone on here cuts their own glass and would be able to cut me the sizes below.

Thanks
Ken

1 each 72" x 18" x 1/2" thick

2 each 72" x 24" x 1/4" thick

5 each 17 1/2" x 24" x 1/4" thick

4 each 18 x 17 1/2" x 1/4" thick

Bob

It would probably just be cheaper to buy 125g tank. When i was pricing out glass it was pretty expensive compared to just buying an aquarium. You can pick up a 125g for under $300 right now with the aqueon sale.

Peaceof

Yeah, I am finding that out. I was trying to avoid having to modify a tank and have it sized the way I want.

Is the sale at Petco or Petsmart?

Bob

I dont think either of them can get it. Any local store that carries aqueon should have a sale going on. I know aqua pets in marysville has them on sale. Not sure where you are located. Maybe Bridges in Snohomish has them on sale too, idk for sure because i dont go there anymore. But they used to do the sale too.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. $300 for a 125. I can have one at my shop on Wednesday if I'm close by.