Buying a house based on fish room size...

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Put in an offer today on this sweet setup. We'll see if we win the bidding war. I'm already daydreaming.

This is a pic of the detached garage.

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 178
  • garage2.jpg
    garage2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 178
  • garage3.jpg
    garage3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 178

flamechica

Nice! Looks familiar for some reason. Hope you win the bidding war because I want to see that set up as your fish room.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
We accepted their counteroffer. So now it's all up to the bank really, has to be appraised etc. Which it looks like it should work out just fine.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
So it took a long time. But we got the keys to our new house last Friday.

Found a bonus, there is water inside the main room, and a grey water drain also. Hopefully just need to run a gas line out there to install a hot water heater now. Woohoo!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I'd resurrect this thread since I'm actually working on the fish room now. I plan to take my time building things out as time seems limited lately.

Pic of the first stand I'm using. cinder blocks and 2x4. Requires no tools and can be setup in about 30 minutes. Really stout once water is on it. Also totally customizable as tanks or fish I want to keep change.

Tanks getting washed after drilling. Then they go to paint. Then assembly.

Goal is to hopefully get the first 8 tanks setup on Thursday. I'll be testing a new water change system so I am unsure how that will go.