Bumblebee Oscar is getting to be a CHUNK!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Bumblebee Oscar is getting to be a CHUNK!

Attachments

• DSC01534.JPG
    DSC01534.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01537.JPG
    DSC01537.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 99

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Bumblebee is getting to be a CHUNK!

Weird photos worked on another computer but not this one.... did an edit and then uploaded, so now I see two sets... been a while since Ive posted pics

A

Anonymous

Wow, he is amazing! Very unique markings and coloring compared to what I am used to seeing.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you, he really does have cool patterning and a very outgoing personality. I was thinking of getting the type bassetman has, a crassipinnis but ended up with the orbicularis. Very happy with him.

anthony

Not an Oscar fan but that's a good looking one!! Good job staying away from the every day Oscar!

Betty

Staff member

I like his coloring as well. I don't remember you having an oscar -- how long have you had him?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

The Bumblebee came from the last group buy with Rapp's about 2 1/2 months ago. Ive always like Oscars for their personality but did not want the common Petco/Petsmart ones. When I had first seen these Bumblebee a few years back I knew I wanted one. When the opportunity came to get one I decide on the orbicularis.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Borrowing a picture of bassetman's fish (astronotus crassipinnis)
imagejpg1_zps8c43d04e.jpg

Now compare the pattern to mine (astronotus orbicularis)
file.php

While the fins on the orbicularis are a bit longer and bigger, body pattern is very similar. There was some debate a while back as to whether these two fish are actually the same and the orbicularis is actually just a crassipinnis.

Madness

Staff member
He is looking very dapper. :) Love the red outline of the caudal spot. Very good looking fish. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, he is turning out to be an awesome fish. Very interactive and outgoing.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Was going to say the same thing as madness..... Love those vertical stripes. I'll have to send you a pic of my generic Oscar...... He's got some huge scales, but doesn't have the awesome look of yours or bassetmans

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Lloyd! Though I think the 'stud' may be a 'stud muffin'. Leaning toward a female due to demeanor and shape of anal fin. On one of the Oscar forums there is another Bumblebee owner who got his just a little bit before mine. His we believe to be male due to aggression level and a larger anal fin. Anyway, looking forward to see how yours is looking.