Bridges Pets - Snohomish

Salzabar

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

If you have not been here yet then your missing some great service. Never have so many people asked me if I needed help finding what I was looking for. You have to give credit to ownership for providing great customer service training. Even though the prices are alittle high I still find the value in customer service to be the best price. The fish room is the best around and its CLEAN. Make sure you stop by Zoro's tank and say "Hi" .

gobluecichlids

I stopped by this store today after hearing a sale from the GSAS group...a buck a gallon, on 10-20H-29-37-55 and 75 gallon sizes. This weekend only. On 3/25-3/27 all fishes in stock half off

gobluecichlids

Overall Experience 4
Cost 2
Quality of fish 3
Variety 4
Service 4

Very nice setup and display, lots of nice new tank for sale displays, expecially in many different sizes and shapes, but pricey. There are also tanks with fishes in em for creative displays.

Cost is a bit higher than most stores I see, but look for sales. Trophues prices very high, 29.99 for a juvie size of 2=2.5". Tropheus should be bought at least a dozen to keep agression down, this is not good. They have a 3" gold nugget pleco, priced at 44.99

Quality, some looks good, the discus did not look good. Pretty much bread and butter kinds in the african cichlids section, I believe I know at least once source they get thier fishes from.

Service, there are plenty of people around for assistance. I enjoyed looking at reptile tanks, and other variety thruout the store.

Variety- very nice setup, I wish they have more unique fishes that are hard to find. They should have a better variety of fish food. Don't expect to find NLS or Omega brands.

Overall it is a neat cool store with about everything (except saltwater), I would visit again if in the area, but not buy much.

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience: 3
Cost: 3
Quality of Fish: 4
Variety: 3
Service: 3

I usually love this place. But the last few times I have been it seems to have gone down hill. This last time they had a guy working the fish section who had no clue how to even catch the fish, and he bagged us the wrong one. They usually have an awesome selection of decorative shrimp, but not this time. I was really interested in the bee shrimp, and this girl tried to argue that a less than colorful RCS was the twice as expensive bee shrimp I was after. SIGH.

Markstr

I agree 100% with " Wolverine Cichlids" on these guys overall in general...
Dry Goods rather high for sure as well.. The Place is quite attractive if you have not been there before I'll have to say.. Total agreement as well on their Discus and why they even stock them I'll never know. Bad for the Hobbies... Same overall score ...
It would also be very nice to see some Planted Tank goods incorporated as well..

A

Anonymous

I am updating my review.

Quality appears to have gone way down hill. In the last few weeks I have had 4 fish drop dead within the return period, and one gave my little hospital tank ich. Water is testing fine on my kits and theirs, so it is not the tank. Scrutinize the fish coming from their for now!

Kaosu

overall experience 4
cost 3
quality 3
variety 4
service 3

not a bad store..not focused on fish but over all pets, decent selection of fish..a few i have not seen before. mostly common community fish.

It has the big box store feel, employees seem to not know much about fish over all, tanks looked clean, sick fish were marked not for sale..some of the smaller fish were on the thin side.

over all not bad walked out with one fish i could not pass up.

worth the trip to visit but don't expect much knowledge form this store.

A

Anonymous

My closest LFS. It's a good store if dings and whistles are your thing. The staff are awesome IF you can find a manager. The normal clerks seem to lack info...

Overall Experience: 3
Cost: 0
Variety: 4.5 (they often take in ppls fish which means they sometimes have oddballs- I like those)...
Service: 3

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 4
Variety: 4
Service: 4

This is my go-to pet store for pretty much everything. For the most part, I have had good experiences and I go fairly often. My only complaints are some of the fish employees don't know much. One guy in particular (Dan, I think?). I tried to ask him several questions and would get "I don't know" or just one word responses but mostly he couldn't answer my questions. Heather (manager of fish) is fairly knowledgeable and helpful, though she did just recommend some fish to my 16 year old, which we bought, and only after getting home did we realize they reach 4" each. She recommended 3 for a 10 gallon plus a small variety Gourami. My son was not too pleased as he is very particular about getting the right fish for his tank. These are the only negative experiences out of many visits. The employees are very friendly, the store is more upscale and very clean. I like how they sell non-pet items, as well. They have some neat gifts. My kids like to get small bags of the rocks they sell. Great store overall.

A

Anonymous

I was here 2 weeks ago to meet up with fishyladdy.
Overall Experience 5
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5
Some fishes are over priced. But the lady that helped me was very nice and very helpful even though didn't know much about sexing kribensis. Google helped on my phone. Got them for $2.5 each for small ones but she gave me the medium sized ones priced at $5.

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience 4.2
Cost 2.5 average
Quality of Fish 3.7 (overall healthy, has a tendency to have several tanks in QT)
Variety 5
Service 3.5 above average

Big place, decent overall selection between all types of fish but can be over priced. No specials , no discounts.

This is a large store and has a lot of nick nacks . Fish room and reptile room is large and very well done. Very nice inside, worth the visit.

cichlid-gal

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 4
Service 4

We visited Bridges on Tuesday. I found the store to have a huge variety of everything drygoods and fish. I was shopping for replacement heaters and found what I was looking for at a great price (about $2 over what I had seen them for sale for on line on black friday but they had sold out) so I bought 2 of them. There were a number of drygoods items on sale at very good prices.

The fish room is large but did not have much in the way of plants (only one tank with a few plants in it). There were some great display tanks and it was nice to see some the smaller nano tank setups in action. They had some beautiful big SA cichlids but on the other side of the spectrum it seemed the livebearers where just run of the mill. Lots of other fish and variety but not a lot of unusual fish. There was a staffperson stationed in the fish room that kindly asked if we had any questions or if they could help us find something.

I would shop the sales at this store if I lived nearby.

overall experience 4
cost 3
quality 4
variety 4
service 3

Great selection of dry food, tanks, equipment, though a bit higher priced than I would like.

Lots of different fish, though a lot of the selection available was very 'ordinary.' Saw a few dead/dying fish, though nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary for a store this size.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, but not alway knowledable.

The aquatics department has a great 'vibe' to it, very relaxing with multiple benches to just sit and enjoy the fish.

I come here maybe 5-6 times a year.

fishyladdy

overall experience 4
cost 2
quality 3
variety 4
service 4
love the look and feel of this pet store its my lfs so im in there at least once a week,
everyone in there knows me well by now and always ask how my fish are and so on.
they are over priced though when it come to cichlids. which sux they want 24.99 for a 4 inch cichlid and thats just crazy. but they do have a nice lay out over all the store is awesome.

Peylix

Overall Experience 4
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 3.5

I've been going here a lot as it is much better than your generic pet stores (petsmart, petco, jones)
I'm always impressed with the aquatic room and the vibe it gives. Their selection is always changing and if they do not have what you're looking for. They can order it up and have it there by next shipment usually.

My only gripes to Bridges is price and staff. First is the price, Most are WAY overpriced. Given since it's a "fancier" pet store but my god. I've seen 80-100% markups on some fish it's just laughable sometimes. This now brings me to my other issue. Staff. There are a few people working there that really know their stuff and are above and beyond with their customer service. However they are not always there and they have more staff that are usually clueless. One person I had to just walk away for how poorly they handled my questions and how they treated me.

All in all though Bridges is still a great store. I'm in there at least once a week to browse around and maybe buy some things. I would still recommend doing business but just be prepared for sticker shock.

Livebearer

Experience 4
Cost 3.5 avaerage for the area economy
Customer service, 4.5 nice, helpful staff
Stock selection; 3,5 above average
Store cleniess Great!
Good quality store for more general items, fish room very clean, friendly staff, but lacking in fish knowledge as a whole. great guppies1

NightFury

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4
Service 1

Amazing experience in the fish room. Good selection and pricing. The employees weren't very knowledgeable though. No real selection of plants.