Bridges Pets - Snohomish

Discussion in 'Rate our Fish Stores!' started by Kingstature, May 11, 2010.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. wi_fishguy

wi_fishguy Member

Overall Experience 5
    Cost 3-4
    Quality of Fish 5
    Variety 5
    Service 5

We drive from Whidbey Island to this store because of their selection. And after our visit last week, will be going more often as they have hired a huge fish nerd. She's very knowledgeable on the fish we keep and seems to have struck up a good friendship in the short amount of time there. I have no idea as to why everyone is rating their prices as high as that has not been our experience while browsing there. And they do give a discount on every purchase I've made there. Just have to ask.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Because $5 for rummynose tetras..... :shock:

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Overall Experience 2
    Cost 1
    Quality of Fish 5
    Variety 5
    Service 2

Well i am officially sick of this place. I have been going in here at least once a week over the last couple months. I buy something almost every time i go in, fish or plants. Unless Brianna is there, i have had to seek out someone every time. They walk right past me without asking if i need help. They are always huddled up behind the counter. I went in yesterday, 2 of them behind the counter, asked if i could pick up a couple plants, and got sighed at. Well these ladies dont need to sigh anymore, i wont break up their social hour.

Only reason for rating the service so high at 2, is because Brianne is an encyclopedia of knowledge and is always out helping customers.

4. dleblanc

dleblanc New Member

OK, so my $0.02 -

Overall experience 3-4
    Cost 2
    Quality 5
    Variety 5
    Service - varies

I live in Monroe, so Edmonds is a long drive. As to cost, it is a little more, but not _that_ much. Really - if you're buying 5 fish, and it costs you $4 extra, so what? You'd have spent that much in gas (or more) going somewhere else. They're also a little high on most stuff, except you can often get a very good deal on stands and tanks.

The quality of the help has been all over the place. Had everything from really well informed help, to enthusiastic, but not well informed. Then there was the time they gave me some small Chinese Algae eaters, told me they were otocinclus, and then they grew up into demon spawn, nipped at discus, killed a few other fish, and caused mayhem. Nearly had to dismantle the tank to get them out again (see thread from about 6 months ago on this). Finally captured the evil bastards, took them back, talked to a 40-ish woman, and had a discussion about why they would even carry such a thing.

She claimed that they carry them because they sell well [facepalm], my explanation that they quit eating algae and just become evil didn't persuade her, and they didn't even give me store credit for 3 good sized evil fish. Sigh.

Some folks might get all outraged, never go there again. My take on it is that mistakes do happen, partially my fault for not being better informed to start with, so I'm not out to lynch the kid who made the error in the first place. I _am_ fairly peeved at the poor customer handling when I pointed out the mistake, the consequences, and returned them.

I haven't bought fish there since, but that's more because I've had other stuff going on, and I've been making the drive to Aquarium Co-op more often.

5. zach_discus

zach_discus Well-Known Member

Over all solid 3
    Cost 2.5 this is hit or miss. Something just way out there and the rest hit the upper end cost wise. Would say they use a higher scale mark-up
    Quality of fish 4
    Verity 3.5 has been getting better!!
    Service 2 either understaffed or just lazy depending on the day.

All that being said the actually have 3 pigeon blood/ pigeon blood snakeskin Discus in that are good quality and at this time very healthy looking for a reasonable price :)

Renegade Aquatics likes this.
  6. VickiK

VickiK Well-Known Member

I love to go to Bridges. It's on my way home from work and there are a gathrillion tanks to look at. However, their live plant selection is just this side of hideous.

Review on Live Plant Selection:

Overall Experience 0
    Cost 5
    Quality of Plants 0
    Variety 0
    Service 5 <== they'd eagerly fish one out if you wanted one of these sad sacks to take home...

7. Loren

Loren Well-Known Member

Even though only a 20 minute drive from my house I had never visited until yesterday. My intent was not to buy anything but to find another source for selling. Number one the review title here should be amended because the name is Bridges Pets, Gifts & Water Gardens. The store is as big or bigger than a Petsmart or Petco and has a mixture of everything pet related and a large selection of stuff like you would find in a Hallmark Gift store. From a purely aesthetic standpoint the store is awesome and especially if you are taking someone who doesn't just want to see a bunch of fish. My wife went with me and had a great time. The place is spotless and there is staff everywhere eager to assist you. The fish room is quite large and a lot of the space is devoted just to show tanks. The layout is really impressive and has fountains in the middle along with a koi pond. All of the aquariums looked really clean and I didn't notice any dead fish. They have a fairly large reptile room as well. The place almost reminds me of a commercial aquarium and gift shop by design. It is a really relaxing environment and you could spend hours there just exploring everything.

Overall Experience 5
    Cost 3 (like every pet store I have ever been to some prices are low and others are high)
    Quality of Fish 5
    Variety 5
    Service 5

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    VickiK, Mike16T and julzhull like this.