Bones

ledieudufromage

Spyral said:
Chicken, cow, human?
Cow was a thought actually. Large and all. I have a ton of smaller bones too though, so I was thinking of doing a graveyard of some sort.

Any idea about the chemistry though?

Ashley

Josh and I were going to do this too. We had a dog skull that we were going to throw into one of our tanks. I don't know about the chemistry but we were just going to coat it with epoxy resin or silicone to make it fish safe and not take any chances. It doesn't change the look much, if at all. We have done it with some driftwood in our tank.

ledieudufromage

Ashley said:
Josh and I were going to do this too. We had a dog skull that we were going to throw into one of our tanks. I don't know about the chemistry but we were just going to coat it with epoxy resin or silicone to make it fish safe and not take any chances. It doesn't change the look much, if at all. We have done it with some driftwood in our tank.
But on the other hand, wouldn't the surface area on and in the bone make it GREAT for beneficial bacteria which loves calcium?

Ashley

ledieudufromage said:
Ashley said:
But on the other hand, wouldn't the surface area on and in the bone make it GREAT for beneficial bacteria which loves calcium?
Well yeah, but that is considering the bone itself is fish safe. If you have gravel or anything you don't really need any more places for BB to grow

ledieudufromage

Ashley said:
ledieudufromage said:
Ashley said:
Well yeah, but that is considering the bone itself is fish safe. If you have gravel or anything you don't really need any more places for BB to grow
Yeah, but a BBBone sounds so good.