BN Round 3 - Caught in the act!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
So my male has been hanging out by the cave again the last two days so I've been keeping a closer eye to see if I could see which female it would be this time. This morning I caught them in the act! Here are a couple of pictures! :) I expect to have eggs when I get home tonight. This is my smallest LF chocolate and my male LF chocolate.

You can see the white tips of her tail on the right side of his head

Both tails outside of the cave. (Betty I might need to buy more of these from you! lol)

Him sitting on her back

flamechica

That must be quite the show to watch. LOL! You are going to have more baby plecos than you will know what to do with here pretty soon! At what age do you think you will be selling them off?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I think within the next couple of weeks I will start selling them. I need to get some Kordon breather bags and talk to some people about how to package. I have info for a guy who sells fish packaging supplies at good prices here in washington. Cory buys all his shipping supplies from him for Aquarium Co-Op so I think that's who I'll go through too.

A

Anonymous

:spoton: WOW! Going to be curious what the count will be upto after these hatch.

flamechica

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I think within the next couple of weeks I will start selling them. I need to get some Kordon breather bags and talk to some people about how to package. I have info for a guy who sells fish packaging supplies at good prices here in washington. Cory buys all his shipping supplies from him for Aquarium Co-Op so I think that's who I'll go through too.

Sounds like you have been preparing!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Here are some picture updates.

Mom is so tiny

Big daddy

The eggs ended up not sticking to the wall of the cave and got pushed out. Luckily it happened in the night and I caught them sunday morning before the angel got them. I put them in a breeder box with an air stone and I get to watch their little bodies develop alot more this round. Very small batch of eggs but from how tiny mom is I am not surprised. And that's okay since I have so many in the first two batches! lol

Betty

Staff member
I've had good luck with eggs in the breeder box. It took one of my males a few tries to learn not to kick the eggs out of his cave. And it's really cool to see them develop so clearly.

It's good that you know who the mom is with this batch. Maybe they will all be chocolate long fins this time. :D

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Betty said:
I've had good luck with eggs in the breeder box. It took one of my males a few tries to learn not to kick the eggs out of his cave. And it's really cool to see them develop so clearly.

It's good that you know who the mom is with this batch. Maybe they will all be chocolate long fins this time. :D

This is my first attempt with breeder box eggs. The dad has done really good until this batch. They were on the ceiling of the cave. Then the next day they were on the floor and then that night got kicked out onto the substrate. I was very lucky to catch them. I'm guessing the male is who is passing on the albino gene since all of my BN are chocolates. It's look like the first batch is mainly LF with some mid-fins in there and maybe a few short fins.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
jettej said:
I can't wait for my Order :) haha!

Just make sure to be ready! lol I won't have time to wait around when I get up there! :D I can't have babies in a bag for 3 days until I get back home.

jettej

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
jettej said:
I can't wait for my Order :) haha!

Just make sure to be ready! lol I won't have time to wait around when I get up there! :D I can't have babies in a bag for 3 days until I get back home.

Oh yeah you'll be fine. I'll probably be there before you get there. or maybe just on time :) I'll PM you my #..

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

@Cory - Do you remember where this was? I would like to purchase more supplies from them but I've lost information to who it was.