Betta Feeding

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Betta update: Romeo has been living in a square acrylic salad bowl - quart size? - and he's loving it. He sits here, by the computer and makes mad bubble nests all day. He will NOT eat anything but bloodworms. His fins are already looking better now that he's away from those vapid bloodthirsty fin vampires; the Pea Puffers.

The bowl isn't heated in anyway and I keep my house pretty cool because I'm in and out of these fantastic hot flashes all day. How cool can they go? I'm going to dump him into the new 29 that I got from Loren - but it's not ready for occupants quite yet.

julzhull

Narci is back to being bloated with his scales lifting a bit. Not sure why this guy is prone to frequent constipation. He only eats brine shrimp maybe every other day or every three days. Sigh.

Treated his tank with Epsom salts and now to fast a couple days. I can't remember what I did for him besides that the last time.

julzhull

And he's now like 95% dead. I really don't know what happened except I think he had some internal issues for this to happen twice and this time he didn't last long after symptoms started.
QQQQQQ

17mars

I hope you don't feel too bad about Narci. Sometimes you just can't save 'em. I've had tons of bettas, most bought when they were on the point of death at a bad store. But they usually bounce back with good care. But I bought one supposedly healthy koi betta from Petco because he was beautiful and had continual problems. I tried every trick in the book but he still died. At least you did more than the store would have done for him.

julzhull

I hope you don't feel too bad about Narci. Sometimes you just can't save 'em. I've had tons of bettas, most bought when they were on the point of death at a bad store. But they usually bounce back with good care. But I bought one supposedly healthy koi betta from Petco because he was beautiful and had continual problems. I tried every trick in the book but he still died. At least you did more than the store would have done for him.
He was healthy for a couple months before the first bout of funky illness. I do wonder if he just had something wrong internally. I've had many bettas, this was the first I've bought at a LFS. My very first betta lived to be maybe 8 years. Rescued him from a craft store (they were selling for vases.

I broke my no fish in the bedroom rule for this guy. I suppose now I'll have to find another to fill the empty tank. :/

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
He was healthy for a couple months before the first bout of funky illness. I do wonder if he just had something wrong internally. I've had many bettas, this was the first I've bought at a LFS. My very first betta lived to be maybe 8 years. Rescued him from a craft store (they were selling for vases.

I broke my no fish in the bedroom rule for this guy. I suppose now I'll have to find another to fill the empty tank. :/

Sorry to hear, Julz. We can't win 'em all. Sadly.

Next Betta you get, make him drop and give you 20 before he jumps into the bag. Get a sturdy one!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

Well said. <3