best food for cichlids?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've got some samples of the Southern Delight Fish food on the way. I haven't found an ingredient list yet? anyone see where I'm missing that on the internet?

Madness

Staff member
This was sent to me.

THE ORIGINAL BLENDED FISH FOOD.™ 100% Made & Packaged In The U.S.A. | Veteran Owned & Operated.

High grade aquatic diets for Pro fish hobbyists. Organic fish foods which offer truly unique properties and features to you and your fish, by way of blending separate diets together. Each different color pellet has its own distinct ingredient set and function. Formulated utilizing the expertise of Fish Biologists and Aquaculture Nutritionists, our custom blended diets mimic the uniquely diverse feeding habits of fish found in nature, allowing for Deciphered-Feeding™!

Our Semi-Float / Semi-Sink blends were custom developed to have extraordinary Confetti-Sink™ properties which allows for the food to distribute evenly throughout your fish's environment. This not only discourages aggression, but insures that each different kind and size of fish in your community has a fair chance at feeding; including both top and bottom feeders, rock-dwellers, resident scavengers, shy, finicky, and even disadvantaged, weak, or injured fish! These benefits can be plainly observed when feeding.

Blending also allows for Phosphate-Sparing™, taking great consideration for the biology of your filter system and media! By feeding a high protein/ high-lipid pellet mixed with a more modest protein-lipid diet, you can greatly reduce the overall presence of unnecessary phosphates being fed into your fish's environment, without sacrificing the essential amino acids needed by your fish. Regular Carnivorous diets, particularly, tend to be much to heavy in oils and lipids. Our diets with a 'more modest' protein-lipid level used to achieve these properties and benifits, are by no means "fillers", but rather formulated with highly beneficial vegital protein supplements, which promote proper digestion, boost immunity, and encourage osmotic balance: Spirulina Blue-Green Algae, Kelp Seaweed, Alfalfa, Brewers Yeast, and a proprietary Probiotic marine & plant bio-active compound applied topically and absorbed in the oils after extrusion.

Made with the inclusion of Stay-C (A vitamin C source with 60 times the potency of regular sources- for proper metabolic system function), as well as enhanced with Shrimp, Krill, Squid, & both Cantaxanthin and Astaxanthin for increased color pigment vibrancy.

Also, with all natural and pure Probiotic Immunostimulants, powerful Antioxidants, Electrolytes, Multiple Vitamins and Essential Trace Minerals; as well as Marine and Plant Protein Carotenoids which boost Nutritional Health, Digestion, Immunity, Growth, and Color!

Looking for ingredients list. :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
My samples are being shipped out next Wednesday as their new labels for their new products arrive. So I should be able to list the ingredients after that.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The semi-float/sink is what I do with my mix of foods. I have sinking Dainichi, NLS, mixed with floating Omega One, NLS, Hikari. I think that is it in my mix currently... :scratch:  Anyway the mix had worked out nice to let everyone feed evenly. Would like to see how this new product does with that.

nick_76

im a big fan of hikari. used it for years. just wish discus gold would come in the big bags too like the other lines they have. ive used their algae discs, the marine foods, cichlid bites, discus gold...they are my go-to source for non flake/non frozen foods

the ad copy for NLS makes me a bit too leery. ive dabbled in it for saltwater but generally it sits around unused. not ready to drink the kool-aide

just got some seachem discus flakes that somehow ended up at my favorite marine store, saltwater city...still evaluating how I feel about seachem foods

my marineland flakes are my dirty little secret. the fish seem to like em though

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The NorthFin looks to have good ingredients like NLS but also the benefit of the clay as found in the Dainichi. I actually prefer using the Dainichi over NLS because it just seems to be a cleaner fish waste. The fish do have some issues with it because of the way it is encapsulated in the hard vitamin coating. They kind of act like they are not sure its food. They catch on after a while.