Been on here for awhile, time to show some of my rays & fish

hbluehunter

Like the title says, i've been on here awhile but haven't posted any pics, well here's a few of my rays and fish.. Enjoy.. :)

IMG_8818-1.jpg

IMG_8686-1.jpg

IMG_8812-1.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8805.jpg

IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8808.jpg

IMG_8820.jpg

IMG_8826.jpg

IMG_8673.jpg

IMG_8684.jpg

IMG_8239-1.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very nice collection of fish you have! Well Done!

Ashley

Awesome! I'm really thinking about the hystrix hybrid if you're still considering selling. We are setting up a new tank within the next couple weeks so after that gets up and going we will talk :)

hbluehunter

Just let me know when you're ready for him, I need to thin the herd a little.. :( Food is getting pretty pricey now that i got that 26" Orbignyi in there.. I'm going through a pound to pound and a half of fish fillets a day.. :shock:

I'll try and get some new tank shots, the ones i have are kinda old..

Ashley

hbluehunter said:
Just let me know when you're ready for him, I need to thin the herd a little.. :( Food is getting pretty pricey now that i got that 26" Orbignyi in there.. I'm going through a pound to pound and a half of fish fillets a day.. :shock:

I'll try and get some new tank shots, the ones i have are kinda old..
Omg that's a lot of fish filets! What size tank is he in right now? And can you tell me kind of his growth rate since you've had him? I know hystrix grow a lot slower than others so I just don't want him to be in a tank too small since we can't really upgrade until we move in 7 months!

hbluehunter

Right now i have everyone packed into a 300 gal.. I have loads of filtration on it though..
I have 2x FX5's, 1 40 gal sump with 10 gallons of bio max, 20lbs of crushed coral, and is pumping 1017gph, plus 200gph fluidized bed filter rated for a 300 gal, 2 big sponge filters running off Azoo backup batteries, and a big airstone/disc also..

As far as his growth rate you don't have to worry about that, he's only grown like 2 inches in 2 years..lol He is definatley more hystrix than motoro..lol

Ashley

Lol okay good. The tank he would be going into would be a 160gal but it has a pretty wide footprint. Its almost 2ft. I think like 22". That may be a little small but he will be pretty much the only one in there. Maybe a couple top of the tank guys but nothing on the bottom with him. We will definitely have enough filtration on the tank, including a sump. I just want to make sure you know where he is going before I buy him. If any of it doesn't sound fair to you just let me know. I hate selling fish just because I don't really know where they are going to go!

hbluehunter

No problem, sounds like it will be good for him. I hear ya, i hate selling fish especially ones i like alot and not knowing what kind of tank they're going in..

sandnuka

I know your showin the rays... but I have to comment on your red terror (fiesta).... I absolutly love thoughs guys! the colors are so gorgeous, defintly in my top five fav. american/new world cichlids. He is freakin stunning!! and of course, your other guys are awesome too!

hbluehunter

Thanks, it took me awhile to get them. They are both wild caught Rapps Festae.. I've thought several times about selling them but everytime I look at that female with those amazing colors I just never post them up..