Batch 2! BN Pleco

A

Anonymous

Super!!!

Wow ShortyKiloGyrl, you are going to have plecos coming out of your ears, LOL!!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Well they hatched out today. I saw two get pushed out of the cave this time. I found just the shell of one and then I put the other one in a breeder box and it didn't make it either. I'm guessing this batch IS a different female because not all the eggs were laid on the roof like last time some were on the base of the bamboo inside.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Okay so they got evicted on Monday, dad was having a hard time keeping these ones in the cave. Here are some update pics

And I am very interested to see how the fry on the wall facing to the right turns out. It almost appears to be leucistic but we will see

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Dad wasn't happy I took his babies away so he was showing me and I got some good pics of him.

Look a those bristles. He's just a year old! He's going to have a face full!

Took this one to get the contrast of the light rocks behind him to show the forks on his bristles

A

Anonymous

o_O * - Got some great shots out of it. Don't think I've ever seen these when the fins have been extended like that.

flamechica

Great pics! Can't wait to see how those fry on that wall facing the right turn out too! Love the angry dad pics. I think plecos are so funny when they get mad. LOL!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
The one underneath of it appears to be the same color. While the browns did darken up some after being pulled from the cave those two are still very light with the darker eyes!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Here are some pictures after the move

I've got the browns and albinos again. But this batch has these super light colored ones that aren't quite albino but have dark eyes. I'm so confused on them. (center)

cutthrte1

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I came home from lunch today to find BN eggs that weren't there this morning :) Woo Hoo!

THOSE R NICE PICTURES! as long as been in the fish game iv never seen some one successfully breed plecos!
that is nice!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
cutthrte1 said:
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I came home from lunch today to find BN eggs that weren't there this morning :) Woo Hoo!

THOSE R NICE PICTURES! as long as been in the fish game iv never seen some one successfully breed plecos!
that is nice!

Really? Basically if you have a male and a female and clean water they will reproduce.